First time at the strip with the turbo

First off, every bike is different. The other thing is that a Shinko on the dyno will hurt you to the tune of 10-12 rear wheel horse. Consider that a Gen 2 with stock compression at 4 pounds of boost will make 220-230. A Gen 1 has lower stock compression, so you can expect it to make less. That is why Stage One kits for the Gen 1 will usually come with an 8 pound spring - good for 240-265 rear wheel, depending on the bike, the mileage, the tune (if it is a conservative tune with timing pulled, the number will be lower), and the tire you are using. Lastly, is that number SAE, STD, uncorrected?
Regardless, your mph does seem low, and you should look at your gearing and your clutch.:laugh:

The gearing is stock in the front and +2 in the rear 18-45. Not sure how the horsepower numbers were calculated, but the clutch felt fine and was installed at the end of last year. All but one pass was 149mph so the clutch shouldnt be an issue. Last year with the ah pipe and 17-46 gearing it would run consistent 9.20s at 147-148 with a best of 9.19 at 147. Im sure with more practice it will go faster. I realize the horsepower number is low but still expected it to be faster with the turbo.

Wait, disregard.^ anyways, your only making 20hp more then you were without the turbo, so a tenth of a second doesn't seem too far off for 20hp. Your tune has to be super fat.

I will keep trying and the et should keep going down, it feels like 7200 rpm is good to launch at but have not tried any higher. It used to take off good at 4000 before the turbo. As of today it has 1000 miles on the bike since the turbo has been installed, it still runs like a stock bike while just cruising around and have not had any issues with it overheating or vaporlock. After every ride I check over all of the turbo system to make sure everything is tight and nothing is leaking. Overall Im happy with it besides it showed a lower than expected number on the dyno and I thought the mph would be quite a bit higher at the track.

I will keep trying and the et should keep going down, it feels like 7200 rpm is good to launch at but have not tried any higher. It used to take off good at 4000 before the turbo. As of today it has 1000 miles on the bike since the turbo has been installed, it still runs like a stock bike while just cruising around and have not had any issues with it overheating or vaporlock. After every ride I check over all of the turbo system to make sure everything is tight and nothing is leaking. Overall Im happy with it besides it showed a lower than expected number on the dyno and I thought the mph would be quite a bit higher at the track.

I leave at 8000-8500 on my turbo. Leave at whatever rpm you feel comfortable.

Back