First Turbo Bike

A t/c unit on a turbo bike will be very interesting. I hope it'll allow control of ignition timing, ignition & fuel cut, and wastegate pressure in the least.

Is the t/c unit being used as a crutch/safety factor for poor boost control mapping in the AMS1000? No plans on using the AMS2000?

The project seems basic enough. Stage2 for fun and street friendly shouldn't be hard to accomplish. Keep the clutch and suspension setup friendly and the bike can be a well rounded package. Just swap street gas for race gas and flip the map from mild to wild. :thumbsup:

What are the goals/predictions for the 1/4 et and stand mile? (low 8's & 230mph?)

I would really look into the ECU editor "stuff" it can do a whole lot of things. I'm sure you do have some restrictions because of sponsor and such which might not make it feasable.

I look forward to seeing your bike and the accompanying article.
As one of the Stage 1 guys , I have been living with My 05 Hahn Stage 1 going on 6 years and 5 with the Port Fueler Kit from Hahn. I have just about 20k on it and is my primary commuter. My bike is a bit of sleeper in that is appears very close to stock Of course I have upgraded the bakes a bit and re-sprung it for a guy my size.
This year I am adding a Gen 2 crank to the picture , with the idea of having more torque down low before the boost is built and with the added benefit of the extra volume of gasses spinning the turbo up that much quicker.
A all boosted busa Issue would sell big with many of us!

A t/c unit on a turbo bike will be very interesting. I hope it'll allow control of ignition timing, ignition & fuel cut, and wastegate pressure in the least.

Is the t/c unit being used as a crutch/safety factor for poor boost control mapping in the AMS1000? No plans on using the AMS2000?

The project seems basic enough. Stage2 for fun and street friendly shouldn't be hard to accomplish. Keep the clutch and suspension setup friendly and the bike can be a well rounded package. Just swap street gas for race gas and flip the map from mild to wild. :thumbsup:

What are the goals/predictions for the 1/4 et and stand mile? (low 8's & 230mph?)

I would really look into the ECU editor "stuff" it can do a whole lot of things. I'm sure you do have some restrictions because of sponsor and such which might not make it feasable.

The Bazzaz t/c is sort of an experiment.
You hit it exactly: pump gas for the street tune, race gas for track. If it's not into the 7.90s I'd be disappointed, and somewhere in the 230 range I'd hope.

Jason has really stepped up to bring velocity back to a good company
And i wish him only the best
He will setup you up with a good streetbike

since I don't know if track tests are going to be jockey or 240+ suited rider I didn't want to be over optomistic on the numbers. :laugh: Your project should be a fun bike when it's complete.

If it's a regular experienced rider it would be great to see them coached by an expert busa drag racer and then by an expert busa landspeed racer (Bill Warner). Maybe compare their race bikes vs. the street package you've built to show the difference between a street setup and a race setup.

You hit it exactly: pump gas for the street tune, race gas for track. If it's not into the 7.90s I'd be disappointed, and somewhere in the 230 range I'd hope.

since I don't know if track tests are going to be jockey or 240+ suited rider I didn't want to be over optomistic on the numbers. :laugh: Your project should be a fun bike when it's complete.

If it's a regular experienced rider it would be great to see them coached by an expert busa drag racer and then by an expert busa landspeed racer (Bill Warner). Maybe compare their race bikes vs. the street package you've built to show the difference between a street setup and a race setup.

D'oh...I'm 240 before suiting up, so my numbers certainly won't be what I expect from a jockey.
I like your ideas about comparing purpose built bikes (drag and LSR) to the "all-rounder" I'm trying to build!

The Super Street cover bike for January 2011 was from POWERHOUSE. It is a GSXR1000, single-sided arm, Gator glass, big tire, yada, yada, yada. Very nice bike, and a good write up. I would have liked Super Streetbike magazine to cover more of the technical features and performance numbers, instead of taking a bunch of pretty pictures and putting some girl on the bike. With what you are considering, it would be a shame if the magazine didn't get into the technical side of the build . . .:laugh:

The Super Street cover bike for January 2011 was from POWERHOUSE. It is a GSXR1000, single-sided arm, Gator glass, big tire, yada, yada, yada. Very nice bike, and a good write up. I would have liked Super Streetbike magazine to cover more of the technical features and performance numbers, instead of taking a bunch of pretty pictures and putting some girl on the bike. With what you are considering, it would be a shame if the magazine didn't get into the technical side of the build . . .:laugh:

We'd love to focus in on the performance aspects more than the aesthetics, but that bike has a single sided 30,000mm rear, singe front rotor, etc.
To highlight the performance is sort of ironic when he's done everything to the rest of the bike to ruin the performance. Keep me posted on all-out performance builds!

We'd love to focus in on the performance aspects more than the aesthetics, but that bike has a single sided 30,000mm rear, singe front rotor, etc.
To highlight the performance is sort of ironic when he's done everything to the rest of the bike to ruin the performance. Keep me posted on all-out performance builds!

I don't disagree with what you are saying, however, its actually the other way around. The customer went with the big tire and then realized his performance needed upgrading - hence, a turbo. And it is not uncommon for many turbo bikes to have big tires, although again, it goes against the performance aspect of a particular build.

And I am not saying that you should focus on the performance aspect more than the aesthetics, or vice versa. I am saying the article should focus on the entire build - I look forward to seeing your article, and I hope you guys do just that!:laugh:

you do realize the fastest bike in the world in the mile has a 240 rear tire on it right?
so a slightly bigger tire isnt that bad on performance

ok thank you
i knew he used to run carazzerios on his vmax or busa one of the 2
but thats been a while since i seen any pics

thank you for the clarification

yep ok found a pic of the day it went 278.6

yep bst's

1065232733_mwaoS-M.jpg

1065363185_mCmWo-M.jpg

photos from hybred on smugmug

What type of turbo will you use on your stage-2? This looks like being a great article, and I'd be very interested to know when you will publish ?

I havent heard of it but I know the ams1000 has a very good ramp feature. It lets you bring the boost in as slow as you want to prevent spinning. I am curius to see if t/c works though. I think you might have a problem how quick a turbo bike builds rpm's.

I would think the AMS1000 would be more than enough over the Bazzaz T/C but it will be great to see the testing results...

ok thank you
i knew he used to run carazzerios on his vmax or busa one of the 2
but thats been a while since i seen any pics

thank you for the clarification

Yep he did run the Carrozzeria wheels, but now runs the BST's 240 rear... :thumbsup:

Back