First time to the track with busa

chlebek

Registered
First i would like to thank you guys for all the helpfull info in this section of the forum.
Last sunday I took my busa to the track. I live in mid west and it was around 47* little cold :laugh: it went up to 49 by noon. I didnt have leathers so I knew my runs are limited.
I did couple of runs just to get the 60' down than full runs. I was running 10.3 to 10.0 with 1.7 60' and on my last run I did 9.903 :laugh:
I just bought Alpinestars suit and will try to go to the track again before the snow hits.

Bike specs
2011 Hayabusa lowered 1" frt and 3" rear with Yoshimura slip ons and thats it.
My weight 158 lb not suited.

I hope i can hit 9.60 next time i go, I just could not get my a*s to stick to the seat, I was sliding back every time i would try to put my feet on pegs and change gear to 2. and trying to keep the front down. Maybe a new seat for next year, i have to see if the leather suit will help. and try to lunch with on foot on the peg.

2012-10-07 13.15.33.jpg

2012-10-08 18.11.19.jpg

Imports_10-7-12_148_copy.jpg

You have the potential of 9.60's

Sliding on the seat.... Few tricks for that...
Take some sugar water and apply it to your seat of the leather pants and let dry, do the same for your motorcycle seat. This trick will make it sticky and easy to clean once your done at the track.

I have also seen guys roll up a blanket and put it in behind there azz on the seat wrapping it with a bungee cord

Great runs. Maybe I need to drop 120 pounds :laugh: You might be amazed at what ECU Editing and a good tune will do for you.

Eventually Ill get the ecu tune but for now I want to see how low in to 9s I can get. I have extensions, chain and k&n filter sitting in the boxes but Ill install those ltr. next year that will help me with my 60s. but new seat with the hump might come first if someone has one for sale please let me know. Thank you.

Back