First time to track with busa last nite

SKILLZ

Registered
Well I got to take my 06'LE to the strip last night and was pretty pleased.... The track prep sucked at first and i was only pulling a best of 1.96 60' on my first pass and 10.54. I kept spinning the tire off of the line. I am on a stocker. The guy running the lights sprayed me some vht down, and i finally got it to hook and went a best of 1.752 60'. I felt like I could have gotten a 10.0 ish run if i would have made a few more passes. It also didn't help that I was running 3/4 tank of fuel.... It seems to be running extremely rich now. My power commander and K&N will be here next week, so hopefully after a tune it will dip in the 9's.

I managed a best time of 10.201 @ 139.46 with a 1.779 60'

I was shifting at 10,700, and running 89 octane fuel.

I have a 16t sprocket but I havent installed it yet. How much et drop does this usually give??

The only mods I have are:

TRE
Small Airbox Mod / stock filter
Two Brothers Slip ons

How are u coming out of the hole. Are u slippung clutch until 2nd gear and then just stabbing it just wondering. Also what RPM are u leaving at.

what tire pressure are you running. i only run amoco ultimate 93 octane. shift point should be right b4 rev limiter. is the bike lowered at all. also get either a race seat or take your seat off completely. seems like your doin pretty good for first time out. my first time out i went a 10.15. leave the 16t off till you get a lil more expearance at slippin the clutch. it will give you alot more torque out of the hole and help your 60' times but it wants to wheelie more.

hope this helps

btw im runnin a 9.77 @145.3 now stock motor and swing arm

Nice sig and avitar crew.
super.gif

what tire pressure are you running. i only run amoco ultimate 93 octane. shift point should be right b4 rev limiter. is the bike lowered at all. also get either a race seat or take your seat off completely. seems like your doin pretty good for first time out. my first time out i went a 10.15. leave the 16t off till you get a lil more expearance at slippin the clutch. it will give you alot more torque out of the hole and help your 60' times but it wants to wheelie more.

hope this helps

btw im runnin a 9.77 @145.3 now stock motor and swing arm
30lbs in the rear 40 front. Stock height. What mods do you have? Good mph...

<!--EDIT|SKILLZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154232492 -->

every pass drop the tire pressure by 2 psi.  when it spins off the line go back up to previous tire pressure.  lower the rear 2" and strap the front.  key is to get full throttle asap.  practice is all it takes.

my mods:
pc3 usb w/ custom map  160 rwhp 96 ft. lbs of torque
pair mod
trac top clamp
lowered 2 " in rear
lowered and strapped in front
shinko shootout tire
brock davison clutch mod and clutch cam
m4 exhaust
k&n
airbox mod
air shifter
16 t front sprocket

<!--EDIT|crew illogic
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154239324 -->

I'd take it up a little on the rpm and the 60' will come down....just be careful with tire spin. A Shinko (or other stickey) will make a lot of difference. Good job!

Thanks, I am heading back tonight With the K&N and Power commander added. It seems stronger but I guess we will see.

Well here are the results from Friday night. I did manage to get 15 passes in. I had a handful of 10.0X passes but here is my best. I blew my 9 second pass by missing second on my best 60' pass. I went a 1.67 60' . I am going to try and go to the dyno and tune it in the next few weeks. It didnt pick up any mph with the power commander and the K&N. I did have the front strapped this time, but the bike is still stock height in rear.

Best 60"

Best overall pass

Well here are the results from Friday night. I did manage to get 15 passes in.  I had a handful of 10.0X passes but here is my best. I blew my 9 second pass by missing second on my best 60' pass. I went a 1.67 60' . I am going to try and go to the dyno and tune it in the next few weeks. It didnt pick up any mph with the power commander and the K&N.  I did have the front strapped this time, but the bike is still stock height in rear.

Best 60"

Best overall pass
that is my best 60' time also but i went a 9.77 @ 145.3

Back