3rd time to track

busawhite06

Registered
I went to the track last nite and ran my best time yet to date. Here is my best time:

60' 1.65
330 4.229
1/8 6.344
mph 116.88
1/4 9.737
mph 143.66

The bike felt real strong early in the night but my clutchs started to slip at the end of the track. I felt that the bike might have some 9.65's with the clutch fixed. Backed the pass up with a 9.755 @ 142.26

I am wondering who sells the best clutch kits out there, oem that is. Looking to go back to the track again this
weekend. Do you think that I need to put heavy duty clutch springs or the extra heavy duty?

Mods include:
small box
short stacks
tiforce full system
k&n air filter
1 down in the front
low and straped

Nice pass,go back with oem stock fibers and steels,and 3 stock/3 hd springs.

You've only been to the track 3 times and ran a 9.7?
SHOCKED.gif

those are some unreal times for only going 3 times. also, make sure to put a slave support on before addind heavier springs. in my opinion you dont need them.

It was my 3rd time going to the track but I run about ten times every time I go. I ordered stock fibers and plates, 6 heavy duty schnitz springs, slave suport and an oem Suzuki owners manual. That manual shows everything. I am thinking about measuring my plates and fibers and see how it compares to the manual. I hope that they are still good, and I can just put the heavy duty springs in, and the slave suport, but if not I have new clutches.

I thought that the times were okay, but there is still room for improvment.
Might get the stock box remaped in a month or so.

(busawhite06 @ May 21 2007,20:30) It was my 3rd time going to the track but I run about ten times every time I go.  I ordered stock fibers and plates, 6 heavy duty schnitz springs,  slave suport and an oem Suzuki owners manual. That manual shows everything.  I am thinking about measuring my plates and fibers and see how it compares to the manual. I hope that they are still good, and I can just put the heavy duty springs in, and the slave suport, but if not I have new clutches.

I was going to post up earlier and save you some money but I didn't have time. In the future, call A&B Xtreme Suzuki in Ohio. They have the best prices on stock fibers and steels. I think I paid 160 or so shipped.

Another thing to watch out for, when I recieved my last clutch, I installed everything and took it to the track and the damn thing slipped every gear on my first pass. Got home and pulled it back out and measured the stack height. Should be 2 inches or just over. Mine was just under and I had burned the outer most steel on that one pass. If you look at the parts fiche, you'll see that there are 2 steels in the middle that are different(thicker) than the rest. I replaced two of the thinner steels in the middle of the pack with the thickers one and added some .180 spring spacers from Brock's. All's been well since. Have over 50 passes on the clutch with no slipping.
Sorry for the rambling.
beerchug.gif

(busawhite06 @ May 21 2007,19:30) It was my 3rd time going to the track but I run about ten times every time I go.  I ordered stock fibers and plates, 6 heavy duty schnitz springs,  slave suport and an oem Suzuki owners manual. That manual shows everything.  I am thinking about measuring my plates and fibers and see how it compares to the manual. I hope that they are still good, and I can just put the heavy duty springs in, and the slave suport, but if not I have new clutches.

Make all are in spec per the manual (don't forget warpage. Get the total height to 1.98-2.00" by swapping the thick for the thin steels.

Are you running the stock clutch drive? (not welded or a brocks)

I have the welded clutch drive. I had it done when i had the trans undercut.
Got my parts in today, yeah i paid 172.00 with shipping so i guess that it was good and it came in a day. Just because he is about 2 hours away, no special shipping. If the fibers and the plates are in spec i will just try the springs and the slave support and save the fibers and steels for a later date.

Back