First time at the track.

1Falcon989

Registered
Well I've never raced a hydraulic clutch bike and only got a couple runs out of it. The bike is bone stock, stock ride height went 11.1@128 with a 2.2 60 ft. I could have launched a hell of a lot better but I need more practice on this bike. Needs a new clutch along with a clutch cushion should bust it down into mid 10s easy. 200lb rider btw

Last edited:
The 60' seems to be how to get the best 1/4 time ( I am still learning )... if you get under 2.0 you should be in the 10's :beerchug:

Yeah. I've raced cars for years. Just got into street bikes. Never even ridden my busa on the street so just need practice.

....would you say bikes are a little tougher to race than cars... :laugh:

Congrats on your times for the first time out... :thumbsup:

I just looked at my time slips and I do have a 2.22 60' and got a 10.8 1/4 but the couple slips that are a little above that time are low 11's.

My trap speed was 128 but then I ran an 11.58 at 135... I must have not been in it all the way on the 11.1 run.:whistle: lol More practice to come hopefully in the 10s next time out! :please:

Not bad seat time the key. You be in 9 before you no it. Put a clutch mod in the bike.

YEP. Just need more time on the bike. Im a good rider I just need to get used to this bike its like nothing ive ever ridden before. I plan to do the clutch mod within a week and head back to the track.

Dropped my 60' down two tenths but still unable to break tens. Im still getting used to the bike as I do not ride it on the street at all. Gonna change up my clutch stack and springs and go back this week... To finally hit low 10s. I'm just gonna go balls to the wall.

I found out that if you launch around 4-7k Rpm slip the clutch and slowly let out but you should be wot by 30ft clutch fully engaged. I practiced a bit yesterday with the new clutch stack and it feels great.. Now just gotta do it at the track.

My ride is 7" extended, so thats a huge plus. But I launch a 5,500. I hold the revvs there, and when the last amber gets bright I dump the clutch and hammer the throttle wide open. Sometimes it comes up, but you have time to catch it and settle it down.

I want to know how you did this. Im having alot of trouble launching hard enough- my 60fts are 2.4. - 2.5s

HELP ! I need a 10.

same here lol.

My best time slip from this past friday night

60'.......... 2.127
330......... 4.824
1/8......... 6.925
MPH........ 116.83
1000....... 8.757
1/4......... 10.337
MPH........ 141.43

I'm lowered with soupys block up front and brocks lowering links in the rear set 2 turns down from "Brock OEM", strapped in the front. Stock gearing, and motor. My mods are as follows: Brocks Shortmeg exhaust, BMC Race filter, PC3 with Brocks street map loaded, and a welded clutch. The welded clutch is the BEST mod you can do if you are going to launch the bike. I always thought it would be a waste of money but it dropped my 60' times down almost 3 tenths.

I weigh 205 in shorts. I launch the bike around 3500 and try to get the clutch out asap then roll on the throttle hard from there. Just keep practicing and you will become more and more comfortable launching the bike.

My best time slip from this past friday night

60'.......... 2.127
330......... 4.824
1/8......... 6.925
MPH........ 116.83
1000....... 8.757
1/4......... 10.337
MPH........ 141.43

I'm lowered with soupys block up front and brocks lowering links in the rear set 2 turns down from "Brock OEM", strapped in the front. Stock gearing, and motor. My mods are as follows: Brocks Shortmeg exhaust, BMC Race filter, PC3 with Brocks street map loaded, and a welded clutch. The welded clutch is the BEST mod you can do if you are going to launch the bike. I always thought it would be a waste of money but it dropped my 60' times down almost 3 tenths.

I weigh 205 in shorts. I launch the bike around 3500 and try to get the clutch out asap then roll on the throttle hard from there. Just keep practicing and you will become more and more comfortable launching the bike.

And I know the bike will go faster as it gets better every time I go out. I am not what I would consider fast on the bike yet haha

Back