First start up issues

i guess i need this?? where can i find this?

Ghetto_Install_008.jpg

there is your issue....you have to gut out the stock pump because you have the external pump. sec you have to drill and tap the bottom of the stock pump(external part) to put a fitting for a sending unit to the fuel filter to the pump.

here some pics

P1010039.jpg

View attachment 1448181

So I got no choice but to tap into the tank. I wish someone would just come here and do this for me and get it over with.

i guess i need this??  where can i find this?
I did away with that for now but it is good to have.....your issue is not having a return back to the tank.FMU out side goes back to the tank...you can tee off in between the FMU in side and fuel pump(external) to go back to the fuel rail.

this stock pump needs to come out....\
View attachment 1448186

once you do that you have to make a fuel sending by drilling and adding a fitting on the bottom of the fuel pump shell.
View attachment 1448187

I hope it does. I'm dying to ride this thing. What kind of fitting do you recommend for the return thingie into the bottom of the tank? size and where i could get it on a sunday? thanks

There is a shop right down the street from me . precision motorsports or something like that but the guys prices are outrageous. He'd charge me a grand just to do this.
banghead.gif

I hope it does. I'm dying to ride this thing.  What kind of fitting do you recommend for the return thingie into the bottom of the tank? size and where i could get it on a sunday?   thanks
trust me I know what ya mean...local auto parts should have 1/4 to 5/8 brass fitting with teflon tape, but I recommend 6an fittings with braided or high pressure lines...

When you get the bike running properly do not go out and rip on it without a proper tune! You need to get the bike custom mapped. A temporary turbo map should enable you to ride the bike modestly until you map it,otherwise you could hurt it.
firedevil.gif
. Take your time with the install,be patient,it will be well worth it in the long run. Good luck and enjoy it.
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

Um Just tell me what you're trying to get for it. I dont wanna be ridiculous . But either way I'll try to do it in the morning and see what I can come up with.
And yes the tuning will be done as soon as I get this straighten out.

yaay I made it. works like a charm. but the bike needs serious tuning. Mid throttle it studders seems like its getting too much fuel. full throttle its good.
Thanks so much for the help and hopefully she'll be tuned sometime this week.

thanks again
beerchug.gif

Back