First start up issues

SxLxAxVxExN

Registered
So we started her up last night and she runs rough as heck. I'll try to explain this as best as I can:
bike sounds like its running on two cylinders, fuel pressure gauge doesn't work for some reason, and boost gauge reads about -8 in vacuum.

What could this be?
We've checked: power commander, 2-step, fmu, fuel pump, injectors and pretty much the whole fuel and plenum part of the setup. Didn't check the plugs yet but I'll do that as soon as I get up in the morning.
Anyone have any suggestions? What should I check?
Oh and if the plugs are bad what should I replace them with? NGK part numbers would be great. Thanks in advance

My guess is the turbo newbie mistake of plumbing your stock map sensor incorrectly, the stock map sensor needs to be teed into all 4 TBs with nothing else in that signal but your check valve etc, let see your vacuum routing.

You probably dont have this many nipples on the TBs if its a new bike but your routing should look something like this, is it?

VAC3ROUTING.jpg

VAC3ROUTING.jpg

Hi greg.
My bike doesn't have the two spare vacuum nipples on the two inner throttle bodies. But yes that could be the mistake we did cause we did tee off one of the lines for the map sensor. So where do I tee in for the wastegate?
The timing was put back to stock marks and it was dead on. I actually called over a friend that works at a bike shop and he did it for me cause I didn't wanna screw it up.
Also where do I tee in for the FMU now since I can't do it the way its pictured in the diagram?
Thanks

How did you put the timing marks back to stock? You can't get there with an 080"
spacer witout moving the lower cam chain gear by about 5 teeth or an adjustable sprocket on there. You can install per factory specs but when you put the motor at Top Dead Center the 2 lines on the cams aren't both going to be flat with the top of the head.

Wastegate signal normally comes from the turbo compressor housing.

Getting any FI light coming on?

Hi greg.
My bike doesn't have the two spare vacuum nipples on the two inner throttle bodies. But yes that could be the mistake we did cause we did tee off one of the lines for the map sensor. So where do I tee in for the wastegate?
The timing was put back to stock marks and it was dead on. I actually called over a friend that works at a bike shop and he did it for me cause I didn't wanna screw it up.
Also where do I tee in for the FMU now since I can't do it the way its pictured in the diagram?
Thanks
do you have a external wastegate or internal...it should come off the the compressor housing to the wastegate. And you don't tee nothing off the the fmu: it has it's own vaccum line with a check valve that can only read pressure.

wow I am so stupid you guys dont even know. Im embarassed to sat what the problem was but here it goes anyway.. the coil plugs were mixed up. The first two were just the other way around. Stupid mistake. I need the get a adjustable FMU asap though cause with the one I have fuel jumps to 100 psi as soon as you turn the ignition on.
so i had her running on the stock pump and the regulator and she idles alright.
Hasitates when your taking off and when u ride it, it seems like it only wants to go about 30% throttle. its weird but im sure thats due to the crappy fmu and only the stock pump.

i picked up a vortech super fmu today.. hooked it up and now im getting 100+ fuel psi. What the hell. i tried turning the top screw all the way in and out and its the same thing. Bike wont start. >?/
firedevil.gif

well do you have any pics or tell how you route your fuel lines to and from fmu..and looking over about the vortech Fmu, it is adjustable to 35-100 psi..where did you tee the fuel pressure at...? and are you running stock injectors or higher cc injectors...if your running higher cc injectors(like s2000) without tune the bike wont start because its running too rich

this is the order it goes in : tank - bosch pump - fmu side - fmu bottom to fuel psi sender to fuel rail.
Is this right? And the fmu has two vacuum fittings on it.
I don't know what i am doing wrong. I tried starting the bike and it starts for a sec and shuts off and u can tell its waaay to rich. Im trying to get this thing running cuz i have a free pass to the track tomorrow .

oh and yeah stock injectors for now.

this is the order it goes in : tank - bosch pump - fmu side - fmu bottom to fuel psi sender to fuel rail.
Is this right?  And the fmu has two vacuum fittings on it.
I don't know what i am doing wrong. I tried starting the bike and it starts for a sec and shuts off and u can tell its waaay to rich. Im trying to get this thing running cuz i have a free pass to the track tomorrow .

oh and yeah stock injectors for now.
tank---fuel filter---pump----tee off to gauge and fuel rail----to fmu in-----fmu out goes back to tank

did you take out your old fuel pump inside the tank....you have to make a sending line from the gutted internal pump. you tee after the external pump to the fuel psi gauge and fuel......FMU out goes back to the gutted internal pump...

Back