Upgrading RCC stage 1, now has issues.

well.. if u enjoy it... take some temperatures off the headers.. if ya got a dead hole.. itll be cold
I left my temp gun at home (my garage is at my rental house) today. When I was reading the plugs the other day, they were even across bank. Nothing stood out from one to another

Everyone doesn't have this mentality? Granted I've spun iron my whole life and really enjoy this kind of work. But i see handing off a bike that needs work as time and money out the window. Both are a precious commodity in my opinion. I also see it as something that I couldn't accomplish or figure out, and that would drive me absolutely nuts.

No they don’t. I’ll have guys show up with no fuel, low on coolant, chain about to fall off telling me it’s ready for the dyno.

I’ll allow 15 mins of small corrections. After that, it’s gotta go to hourly rate on top of the tune cost.

No they don’t. I’ll have guys show up with no fuel, low on coolant, chain about to fall off telling me it’s ready for the dyno.

I’ll allow 15 mins of small corrections. After that, it’s gotta go to hourly rate on top of the tune cost.

My favorite is the FI light on. When asked about it, the comment is "don't worry about it. It says on."

I could never do that I need to know how every little thing works on my bike........I HAVE TO KNOW :banghead:
The only thing I'm going to do is datalog... and keep an eye on the wideband... also I'm gonna have an indicator light installed letting me know the pump and intercooler is working... just monitor systems.. actually I spend ALOT of time and money removing unnecessary things the previous owner did... like an alarm system/cheap ass 2 strep with 4 feet of wiring... stupid HID headlights that don't work... just unnecessary drains on the system that the previous owner NEVER told anyone about that are the cause of many gremlins,

Hey just be happy you have a good tuner that's only a couple hours away. Nobody local around here can tune with ecu editor. The one dude up here has blown up a lot of bikes and people still go to him cause nobody else will tune a turbo bike or nitrous.

Hey just be happy you have a good tuner that's only a couple hours away. Nobody local around here can tune with ecu editor. The one dude up here has blown up a lot of bikes and people still go to him cause nobody else will tune a turbo bike or nitrous.
I would drive as far as I needed to for a proper tuner to work their magic. I drive this thing everywhere. Last August I made a random trip to Canada just because I've never been there. Rode 10 hours up, partied with some people for a 7 hours. 5 hours of crap sleep and turned around and rode back. It would suck to have a bad tune take its toll on the motor while in the middle of RT 15 in PA and NY.

Agree with Frank about vacuum lines being a possibly overlooked problem. A guy brought a bike to me for a motor build and he had some half ass small box mod done, I "fixed it" and put in a motor I built. sumbitch stumbled at low tps and I took a bunch of fuel out thinking the hodge podge exhaust was the problem (and it might have been a little maybe) but after many wrench dents in the walls and tools that I couldn't find because I threw them in frustration I couldn't get that small stumble out. Turns out I didn't look at the AP sensor, it had a vacuum line on it. Its supposed to be open air. Sometimes you can look at something 5x yourself and not see it. It takes a second pair of eyes to catch those things or you waste a whole day like I did. Sleep is important to me to. I can kick my own ass in an exhausted state and make mistakes that I cannot figure out. One nights sleep makes all the difference. Just learning as I go

Yeah, my bad. Shoulda followed through. Basically Frank just needed to work his magic. The previous tune was set up for the stock injectors and the 60# ones needed the ECU flashed before he tuned it. It ended up making 334whp/196 ft lbs. Finally road it today also. With a 100hp increase over the last time I rode it I was taking it easy. The power delivery is a lot more abrupt then before. But I only did a couple 5th gear pulls to see how it was gonna react and a small second gear pull leaving my buddies shop after BSing with him for a bit and it ended up breaking the tire free guess from the tire cooling down instead of lift long the front.

Back