Mechanical vs Electrical gauges

Youkai

Registered
I have read some of the fuel pressure threads in here about how over 100psi on the stock injectors is waiting for failure. My concern is when I tuned the fuel pressure I used a mechanical fuel gauge that came with my hahn kit. It read 92psi during full throttle/boost runs, now I switched to an electric fuel gauge and didn't mess with the fmu. So essentially it should read the same 92psi but pegs at 100psi during full throttle/boost. I thought since the electric gauge is self-calibrating, it should be pretty accurate but is it really off that much to a mechanical? Should I be concerned?

I never used the mechanical gauge that came with my Hahn kit but initally installed a Dynotune digital guage. I then switched to an electric Autometer analog. They both read about the same. I would trust the electric over the mech because the gauge they send is used for setup and not of high quality. I would also replace your FMU shim to a .010 as mine quickly cracked causing my high side to stay at 105 psi no mater where i set the bleeder screw.

Picture (Medium).jpg

Back