Opinion on boost gauge

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
If you saw my video of the nordskog digital gauges, I am sending them back or selling them or something, so they are out of the question.

I have a few other options I am considering now:

I contacted Autometer, and they said I could send back my gauges that don't read correctly, if they will replace them or fix them I will just sell them on here.

Liquid MCxpress gauge (picking it up off of Indy turbo Busa), definitely going to use this short term at the least

Cyberdyne digirtal boost and fuel pressure gauges, boost only goes to 23 psi, cost about $160

Autometer electric boost gauge, they are loike $200 for just the boost gauge

And the one I really like the looks of is the microtech dash, shows engine RPM, boost, battery voltage, shift light and overboost light.  It's a tad large 6x2.5x1 inch thick, just smaller than the tiger plate I have the other junker gauges mounted in right now.  this unit costs $360 US, and would display exactly what the controller was seeing, and I could possibly sell my shift light

mt_dashunit2.jpg

<!--EDIT|smithabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151257867 -->

Greg,I'm using a Autometer Pro-Comp liquid filled gauge,its accurate,I'd give em a chance to make it right,I've used Autometer gauges for years with never a problem.Paul.

THe problem is you can't hard mount mechanical gauges. I don't have a real good way to mount one, plus I am starting to dig the microtech piece.

hmm....have had mine mounted to my gauge cluster, which granted, is rubber mounted to the sub frame, for at least 30K miles now. no problems.

hmm....have had mine mounted to my gauge cluster, which granted, is rubber mounted to the sub frame, for at least 30K miles now. no problems.
Right its rubber mounted, mine was mounted to my tiger racing gauge panel which is very rigid to the top clamp, boost gauge lasted 100 miles or so, fuel pressure lasted 250 miles or so.

Yep mounted in the inner panels you are fine, i used to run mine there, but you also can't see them either.

Back