just got aem failsafe gauge have a few questions

Quiksilver

Registered
Just received my aem failsafe boost/vacuum/afr/data logging gauge. Can I hook the boost/vacuum in line with the fmu or boost gauge? To log rpm the instructions state to use a square wave 12 volt signal, can I use the tach wire or should I use an injector signal?

Well I teed off the blow off valve line and seems to work ok for vacuum/boost. Guy that sold me the bike said the waste gate spring was 8 psi and did a few pulls close to wot (stock wheel base turbo scary) logger shows 12psi? I plugged the power commander in and the description of tune said 15psi c16 .080 spacer and s2000 injectors. My last turbo made 280hp and current turbo and tune is 238hp. I also checked the air fuel ratio and it looks like the afr is backwards. At idle it shows from 12-13 afr and it varies wildly under hard acceleration. I've seen as low as 9 and at one point during boost 14. I believe a turbo should see around 14afr during vacuum and give or take 11.5 during boost with a little leaner to help spool? I'm no expert by any means but it definitely looks like the afr are off. So I will make some small changes to the power commander map and see if it cleans up. Going through too much oil and spark plugs. Bike runs awsome with fresh set of plugs but fuel fouls them in a matter of hours. Still getting the fi light for the injectors maxing but maybe that 9 afr has something to do with it. Will post what happens next.

Back