First ride

Windtherapy

Registered
Just had delivery of my 06 today and first busa ride! Extremely impressed by the stability, handling and throttle response to my old v-rod. It was like riding a low flying F35 Hornet on rails!

770A23D8-66AA-4DBA-BDE5-EF35F381A2BB.jpeg

2E63B645-8F6E-4829-A2E9-A9380CFAE93B.jpeg

Aren't they a great bike . . I've always thought mine feels like a P51 Spitfire when I'm on the gas.
Welcome and ya got a nice looking Busa there.

Aren't they a great bike . . I've always thought mine feels like a P51 Spitfire when I'm on the gas.
Welcome and ya got a nice looking Busa there.
All this comparison to airplanes makes this ex army guy uneasy......of course I guess the name is based on a bird so it makes sense.....

Just imagine if it was called a seagull (kamome) or pigeon (hato)...

I've seen quite a few of the "birds of war" in action and they sure brought a sigh of relief when they pounded the enemy into submission before our eyes....

We used to call air force people "pigeons" in the old days...
All the respect for you former and current men in green from a man in blue.

...and respect goes out to the blue people too....still serving?

I've spent more than my fair share of time on board aircraft and a bit of time on board ship/subs...
Yes sir.
That’s awesome. Would love to see a A-10 sometime, somewhere. I’ve sat in a JAS Gripen once.

Yes sir.
That’s awesome. Would love to see a A-10 sometime, somewhere. I’ve sat in a JAS Gripen once.
Saw lots of Wart Hogs in action and lots of them up close in KAF.

The aftermath of an enemy position after a Wart Hog and Apache did their magic was something else to see...

We also called in the Spectres....nothing like taking out a grid square via radio...

I have a son in the Air Force, he is a tech on our maritime helos (Cyclone).

Saw lots of Wart Hogs in action and lots of them up close in KAF.

The aftermath of an enemy position after a Wart Hog and Apache did their magic was something else to see...

We also called in the Spectres....nothing like taking out a grid square via radio...

I have a son in the Air Force, he is a tech on our maritime helos (Cyclone).
That’s awesome. Only seen them brrrrrrrt on Youtube.

That’s awesome. Only seen them brrrrrrrt on Youtube.
It's as awesome in real life....you watch them go on their dive then see the smoke trail and after they pull up you hear the brrrrrt.....

I've had a couple come right over our shoulder laying down close air support and we had to get under cover as the empty casings were coming at us hard...normally they never do this maneuver but this was a special circumstance...

We could see the Spectre laying down fire in the distance and it looked like lightning bolts streaking down, you could hear the fire after especially the 105...

It's as awesome in real life....you watch them go on their dive then see the smoke trail and after they pull up you hear the brrrrrt.....

I've had a couple come right over our shoulder laying down close air support and we had to get under cover as the empty casings were coming at us hard...normally they never do this maneuver but this was a special circumstance...

We could see the Spectre laying down fire in the distance and it looked like lightning bolts streaking down, you could hear the fire after especially the 105...

Back