ECU flashed. What a difference.

bmc is a good choice.
flashing is the new way of choice for me.
had all my bikes done that way. less mess, and more options IMO.

I called gms raceing engines in uniontown pa... They have a guy come in once a month to do ecu flashing...uhhh ok otherwise im s.o.l. So i called mph im going to next thursday n talked to the tuner... still think a good ecu flash would be bettet but nothing local

there is a shop in claymont de that flashed my bikes if thats not too far for you. 4acp cycles look them up.

If you have no air filter obviously it will flow better than any filter. So if your getting 2 hp from no air filter how much can you get from a bmc? 2-3? NOT

like i said you dont know what filter that busa had in it and how much power it was making with the filter in it. so dont assume you know because you dont. My bike makes about 215 hp with nitrous and i have a bmc filter im sure i would gain a few more with no filter:poke:

like i said you dont know what filter that busa had in it and how much power it was making with the filter in it. so dont assume you know because you dont. My bike makes about 215 hp with nitrous and i have a bmc filter im sure i would gain a few more with no filter:poke:

I agree that you would gain a few more without a filter but what makes you think that your gaining so much with it?

Had mine dyno tuned today with a custom map and what a difference.It really pulls hard to redline now.Gained 5hp.

I agree that you would gain a few more without a filter but what makes you think that your gaining so much with it?

I never said i was gaining a lot with it, Its the combination of parts that net the power gains. I.e. free flowing exhaust and a less restrictive air filter. A bmc is probably 1whp over stock but add more mods on top of that and you wil net more hp. May not be worth the cost per hp to some but it is better and cleanable :thumbsup:

wasnt trying to start an air filter war. just stating what happened on my bike. could have been any number of variables that made the jump but it was ironic that it changed.

also the comparison on a dyno is just dumb. if you think about how the air intake works on a busa it comes in from the front. so if your sittin still air isnt getting "rammed" into the front of the bike(through the front tubes to the air box) like it would be if you were doing 70, 90, 120 mph etc. i think thats where the difference comes into play.

1 other thing, with no filter the air would be coming in from all sides because the air box would be open. would that make the incoming air more turbulent or not. i dont know. i do know the bike was designed with the front air "ram" tubes for a reason.

who knows maybe the open air box is costing hp over a bmc.

id rather see 1/4 mile numbers. my bike picked up some over a stock filter. never ran without a filter.

1 other thing, with no filter the air would be coming in from all sides because the air box would be open. would that make the incoming air more turbulent or not. i dont know. i do know the bike was designed with the front air "ram" tubes for a reason.

who knows maybe the open air box is costing hp over a bmc.

id rather see 1/4 mile numbers. my bike picked up some over a stock filter. never ran without a filter.

WHAT?????
explain coming in sides????
no filter put a lid on the box. What sides????:rofl:

on a gen 1 if you take the filter out isnt the air box just open. thats what i meant by coming in the sides. didnt word it exactly right but unless you make a lid for the box wont it be open? im not really sure what the article meant when it said no filter. do they make a lid or something to cover the hole? i dont know everything about a busa but im still willing to learn.

i don't like bugs and pebbles and such in my throttle bodies, thats why for the street i run a bmc, track none, since its rebuilt more frequently.

i don't like bugs and pebbles and such in my throttle bodies, thats why for the street i run a bmc, track none, since its rebuilt more frequently.

?
since 99 no filter
bugs ??? they get burned up and as for peeples unless bam bam is thowing them in your throttlr bodies the will never get in the motor???

there are plenty of things that fly up off the road when another rider is in front of you with a sticky tire lol. had paper, rocks, bandaid's, feathers, and all kinds of **** in ram air tubes and air filters, ....

the track is another story, as there is no one in front of you except for the other lane if you are not lucky :D

LoL.. i thought i was done with this, but now im thinking again. I have a K&N race.. BMC race? lol...

Back