Pinks! (show)

Ironically I still think the Vrod based bikes have the national record for elasped time in the quarter, but they are only loosely based on the VROD engine.

If I'm not mistaken they produce a WHOPPING 79 hp with 74 ft. lbs of torque out of their 69 cubic inch pow hahahaha power plant. Hard to say it without laughing. I personally think they are a waste of money. You get a Harley for being a Harley. You don't get a harley for any type of sport or competitive racing. Even the Drag Racers know that Harleys are slow so they get their own special rules ( Bigger engines, longer strokes etc.) so they can try to keep up and be "competitive".

i thought they were a few hp's over 110... maybe thats at the crank though.

Hey guys, I kid you not, those old GS 1100E bikes were fast and very reliable! I bought a brand new '82 1100E (champagne color, red SUZUKI on tank) and I still see it occasionally here in town, going strong!
Mine had over 60,000 miles on it when the gauges broke over a year ago. Its probably close to 70,000 or 75,000 now and still running great!

The VROD is like 120HP I think, I don't really follow them that closely. A good running sportser is one that makes ~80ish at the rear wheel. Harleys are fun in their own right..relaxed around town riding. Golf carts and mopeds are slow and they are fun as hell. What irritates me is there is no reason they should be expensive, harley makes a total of 3 engines, the 1450 in the big harleys, the sportster motor with different pistons/jugs between 883/1200 and the VROD engine, the bikes share ALOT of parts and have been in production for a long time with these engines..there is no justification for their price EXCEPT for the sportster..whcih is the only reasonable priced bike, it also happens to be their fastest air cooled engine.

the last time a seen the horsepower of the Vrod was 109 at the wheel,it is pretty heavy too, road test are generally mid 11s in the 1/4

ain't nothing wrong with a Harley,its just a different expression of 2 wheel fun. i don't bash anyone on two wheels, around here everyone on a bike waves to each other,hardcore biker to the sunday only rider.of course since i got the Busa, i don't miss my sportster too much,but it was fun in its own way,that sound it made ain't too bad either.

I'm kinda jealous of Harley riders because in this area it seems that they get together in very large groups for poker runs and barbeques and what not every weekend. Sportsbike rider events are unfortunately far and few between in the Reno-Tahoe area. And it really gets thin when it comes to the Hayabusa; I've seen maybe 5 of them within the past year around here.

I loved the look on the Harley owner when he lost. Asking for 15min to cool down and then a bike length on top of that, then goes out and misses by a bike length... had to laugh. Wife couldn't believe he put the Vrod up like that.
laugh.gif

Back