Pinks! (show)

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
In case you missed the show, they had a 1983 Suzuki 1100 (I think 1100E) against a 2002 Harley V-rod. The V-rod won the first race, the Zook won the next two. Even with a 1 bike head start for the Harley in the final race, the Zook ran him down and beat him by a bike length.

The Harley rider had to ask for a 15 minute break after the 2nd race because his clutch got too hot, the Zook rider was ready to go at any time.

For those who don't know what the bikes look like, here are pics.

V-rod

Pinks2.jpg

The Harley rider had to sell his $18,000 bike for a mere buck to the Suzuki rider since he lost the best of 3 series.

Gotta love Suzuki!

haha.. thats frikken schweeet.. hate I missed it now.

wonder what he's telling the HD buddies was the reason/excuse he lost.

I seen it too! Great show. A bike 20 yrs old still beats a new HD! Awesome!

I had to admit I was on the edge of my seat for race three. After seeing the Suzuki wheelie after getting out of the hole, I didn't think he was going to pull it out. Now he can put a new clutch in the Harley and sell it so he can put the money into his King Suzuki!!
biggrin.gif

What show was this?!? When will the Harly riders leearn that the only thing they can race with any hope of winning is another Harley? I have a Softail myself and would NEVER put it up against anything but a Harley for anything more than a fun run!! This Dummy deserved what he got. Somebody post a vid file link please ... I wanna watch it

hehe,.. they got a link on labusas.org to the vrod board.. those guys are about to have a sprout a cow.

there is also some stuff goin around about it being rigged.. of course.. always is.. who knows.. stock/stock those bike are damn close in performance though so I don't really much doubt it.

some of these HD guys are astoundingly gullible about what their bike can do. .. It's amazing..

the other thing that cracks me up is how they talk about being able to hang with a 600 sport bike like it's some big feat or something.. I just don't get it.

Yeah... my 1550cc Harley CAN beat a 600cc Sport bike. THERE'S some braggin rights!
laugh.gif

I watched the show, I have to admit I didnt think the old Suzuki would pull it off, Isnt the V-rod suppossed to be H-D's "fast" bike??
It was sweet to see the ol Suzuki pull away with it.

I would have loved to see the hardley riders face. Now the Suzuki rider can sell the thing and get a Busa
biggrin.gif

Guys on the Vrod forums are pissed, one member says his ZZR1200 is the fastest production heavyweight, pretty sure we can take a ZZR1200, and weight is comparable
smile.gif

ahh.. people talk all kinds of crap on the internet.. I even heard a 'busa guy say his bike was pretty fast.. jokers.. pshhaaaaw.

the Vrod _IS_ the "MoCo's" fast bike.. haven't you ever ridden one of the slow ones?

That show is purely rigged. I mean what kind of an idiot would race on TV with such a nice car/bike with such a big chance of loosing it? I can see racing for money, but pinks.....I don't think so!!

Hey guys, I kid you not, those old GS 1100E bikes were fast and very reliable! I bought a brand new '82 1100E (champagne color, red SUZUKI on tank) and I still see it occasionally here in town, going strong!

My uncle still owns his GS1150E....1986 (I think)..... What a bike!!!! I'd love to get that bike from him!!!

Back