Suzuki does it again!

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
This week on Pinks! it was a showdown between a 1997 Suzuki GSX-R 1100 and a 1987 Yamaha FZR 1000. Granted, the zook had a pro rider, but in the end it didn't matter. Read on.

Race 1 - Yami got 1 bike length and was run down by the zook who spun out at the line. Zook won by 5 bikes.

Race 2 - Yami got 10 bikes and almost cried because the zook pilot lowered the tire pressure a bit. Zook won again by 3.

Race 3 - Yami knew if he lost this race he would have to give up his bike. He convinced the actual owner of the bike (who couldn't drag race to save his life) to pilot his own machine in a heads-up race. Result ... Yami by 5.

Race 4 - Seeing as how zook owner couldn't drag race, yami gives zook a few bikes. He just won a heads-up race by 5, and what does he give him ... 1 1/2. Result, do the math, yami by 3.

Race 5 - Here we are, the grand finale. Zook owner no longer wants to ride and there is no rule saying he has to. Zook owner decides to let the pro rider back in the saddle. Yami knows he can't win so he asks for 15 minutes to get his own pro rider to go against the zook's in a heads-up race. 15 minutes were granted and yami's pro was in the saddle.

Before I continue, allow me to explain the proceedure. Host of Pinks! stands where the tree would be and points at a rider. The rider taps his helmet twice to signal he's ready. The host then points at the other rider who then taps his helmet twice to signal he's ready. The host then raises his arms to about 10:30 and 1:30 and drops them signaling the riders to go.

Now back to the results:
Host points at zook, zook taps twice. Host points at yami, yami taps twice. Host raises his arms and drops them. Yami stays at the line while zook takes off. Zook, realizing yami never left, crosses the 1/4 mile line in possibly 20 seconds at about 60mph.

Back at the starting line, team yami is accusing the zook pilot of "jumping the gun". There was no replay shown to them, but us home-viewers got a slowmotion one. The host of the show hands clearly dropped before the zook took off. Result ...

<table style=filter:glow(color=blue)>Suzuki Wins!!!</table>

First a Harley, now a Yamaha. When will these people learn?

Yeah. yeah, I know it was the riders, not the bikes ... but who cares! We all know Suzuki is top dawg!

<marquee>Sorry for the akward writing style, I'm sleepy ...</marquee>

I haven't got to see that show since the Hardley races and lost but would have loved to see that race. Suzuki's have always been the best!

Why couldn't the host use a tree instead of his arms?
slider1.gif
race.gif

Its been that way since episode 1. What I would like to see is their actual times. They are at a real 1/4 mile track but use no tree nor the time display.

Didn't the owner of the GSXR1100 just lose his car last week? I think it was a built up Chevy Nova or something. Supposedly he made the biggest decision mistake by letting his opponent repair his car and then set it up 5 car lengths. I guess he had to find some redemption by running Pinks with his own Zook. He couldnt ride it worth a damn either. BTW-Whats up with that Elvis wanna-be?

it was ok but seemed kinda stupid that the suzuki guy was like oh i cant ridy MY bike ?? WTF if it YOUR bike ride it dont get some pro racer to drive for ya ?? thought it was goanna be a cool show but was more dissapointed with the whole you ride your bike thing
rock.gif
would have been better just both of them riding their own bike and leave it at that.

too much negotiation on the show spend most of their time yelling back and forth with each other what happened to the good old you both line up and the one who crosses the finish line WINS !!!
cool.gif

it was ok but seemed kinda stupid that the suzuki guy was like oh i cant ridy MY bike ?? WTF if it YOUR bike ride it dont get some pro racer to drive for ya ?? thought it was goanna be a cool show but was more dissapointed with the whole you ride your bike thing
rock.gif
would have been better just both of them riding their own bike and leave it at that.

too much negotiation on the show spend most of their time yelling back and forth with each other what happened to the good old you both line up and the one who crosses the finish line WINS !!!  
cool.gif
I agree. Its not so much a race as it is a battle of wits. The one who negotiates the best will win. Basically, I could "beat" a turbo Busa with a Yugo if my negotiaton skills were up to par.

milesbm:
Yeah, it comes on Speed. Wednesdays at 8:30 & 11:30 pm Eastern time. I Tivo it, so I could be wrong about the time.

this show is great concept but is managed like a zoo. they should line up and run em head to head. if you dont have it in ya then stay home or race someone of your calibur. i think they are trying to get exposure for their shops or something like that. show us the times!

This show sounds like some fun! Guess I'll have to pony up some $ to get SpeedVision. Is it still Nascar vision most of the time?

I have known the guys with the Zuk for about 6-7 years. They are true street racers...LOL. They are good guys just never really had anything FAST...It was funny as hell to see them on Pinks..BTW that show is GAYE>>>>>

This show sounds like some fun! Guess I'll have to pony up some $ to get SpeedVision. Is it still Nascar vision most of the time?
Not to steal the thread, but to answer the question...

It's NASCARvision about 25% of the time. Get a Tivo and it's a great channel. I record so many of the shows and I get to see Formula 1!

Not to steal the thread, but to answer the question...

It's NASCARvision about 25% of the time.  Get a Tivo and it's a great channel.  I record so many of the shows and I get to see Formula 1!
more like 75% of prime watching time. amybe they switch from NASCAR at 3 am or something but from 4-12 am it seems to always be NASCAR, with the exception of tuesday.

Back