First ride report

Epstein

Registered
Hi again,
Spent the day on the new busa and this is my first impression. First the bike is as comfortable to me as my FZ1 was. Second it did not feel that much faster than the FZ1 did but couldn't really test it out as I am still in the break in period. The bike does not really feel scary fast like an R1 but I think it is because of the stability of the busa. When looking at the speedometer it doesn't seem that you are going as fast as you are but you can get carried away very quickly. The transmission seems to be kind of clunky and if not shifted hard in between gears it is easy to hit a false nuetral but I think this will get better with time. It seems like as each mile goes by the bike gets better and better. I am hoping that these little quirks will go away as the miles add up and the bike is broken in. I am happy with the purchase and am looking forward to all the valuable info from this site.

Welcome and yes the bike will pick up power and the tranny will smooth out as you make it thru the break in period.

Don

I've ridden the FZ1 a lot, so I know what you're talking about. The FZ is light and quick, but the Busa is solid and fast. One feels fast, the other really is. Enjoy the new bike.

(actually, the FZ is a very fast bike, but no match in an all out drag with a Busa)

Welcome to the board.
cool.gif

Welcome to the board. I just purchase new Busa too, and now have 220 miles. My opinion is very similar to yours because I think that I finally found bike for me.
BTW I'm glad to read that those small tranny problems, which I have too, should gone with the miles. So enjoy your ride.
smile.gif

I'm gald to see that the tranny problems are not just with me and they they will get better with miles. I can actually feel the bike getting more power as I put more miles on it. Well time to ride to work and stare at the bike out the window all day.

see ya

Traded my FZ for a 'busa in January. I now have 1000 on the 'busa and I love it. I liked the FZ alot, just like the 'busa better. Despite the power difference, I've notice the 'busa is rock solid in the curves, where the FZ needed adjustments throught the curves. I'm on my way down south with the 'busa--gonna ride South Carolina and Georgia. Can't wat. Welcome and enjoy!

Loved the first ride and love each ride better and better. getting ready to make a nice ride going to have some time this weekend.

i have noticed and was prepared for the tranny issues and yes i also have noticed that the power is increasing as i put more miles on it...but i still am keeping it under 5500 except for the one missed 5-6 where it went to almost 11

good luck witht the new busa i bought mine with about 2000 on the clock and all the bugs seem to be worked out (hopefully) but these people on the org. really know there stuff any questions ask someone will know what you need to know.
vader1.gif

Back