First Oil Change at 1.3K instead of 600 - Pls. advise

mallardg500

Registered
Hello all,

I'm new here and need some advice.
Just got my 06 Limited Busa 3 weeks ago and the mileage was 988.
The owner told me he had the oil changed at 600 as per recommended so I thought I still have a long way to go before the next oil change.
At around 1,200 miles I have been having this false Neutral at 4th and 5th gear.

I went ahead and got me Repsol Synthetic blend and decided to change the oil before the next interval anyway.

Looking at the oil condition I'm convinced that the previous owner had never changed the oil at 600 miles.

Can someone advise if any harms been done to my precious Busa i.e. first oil change is at 1,300 instead of 600?

I should have made the change when the bike first got home but reading the thread I understand frequent oil change is also not good for the bike.

Thanks in advance

You'll be fine, but I would not tell Suzuki about this IF you ever do have any warranty issues :whistle:

There is nothing wrong with frequent oil changes. Fresh oil only does good things for the motor...

Only the first oil change is at 600 miles. After that, I do mine about every 2500 to 3000 miles.

An eye inspection is never enough for oils.A good oil has the abillity of removing engine dirt very very quick....so even after few miles seems dark...and I believe..yes,earlier changes of oil can slightly harm an engine because of the fact that new oils contain oxides.So more changes add more oxides.My knowlege though

Here's the color of some synthetic oil at around 3000 miles.

9-18 07 oil change 007.jpg

You can't really tell if the oil was changed at 600 or 1200 by looking at the oil but time wise it was still due for another change.

Nope. You've absolutely ruined that engine. Bummer, man. Send it over to me so I can properly dispose of it for you.

:laugh:

:D

--Wag--

You're fine. I don't know anything about the repsol oil, is it motorcycle oil? If not I'd get some bike oil next time. You can use synthetic, but make sure you use motorcycle oil.

You're fine. I don't know anything about the repsol oil, is it motorcycle oil? If not I'd get some bike oil next time. You can use synthetic, but make sure you use motorcycle oil.

Never heard of Repsol? Take a look at Nickey Hayden's Honda. :poke: :rofl:

changing oil frequently does not harm your engine. it doesnt add miles to your expected life, but it certainly doesnt take them off, either. And to my understanding, changing the oil at 600 miles is more of a precautionary thing. Yes, the first oil in the bike has a shorter life, but not that short. It is more so if there IS a problem with break in, you find it early on (ie large or excessive amount of metal flakes in oil). there may be a bit of extra wear due to the flakes and crap floating in the oil, but it is not enough to really do substantial damage, you should be fine.

changing oil frequently does not harm your engine. it doesnt add miles to your expected life, but it certainly doesnt take them off, either. And to my understanding, changing the oil at 600 miles is more of a precautionary thing. Yes, the first oil in the bike has a shorter life, but not that short. It is more so if there IS a problem with break in, you find it early on (ie large or excessive amount of metal flakes in oil). there may be a bit of extra wear due to the flakes and crap floating in the oil, but it is not enough to really do substantial damage, you should be fine.

You are SOO WRONG in SOO Many Places that I Can't Even Start. PM: if You Want Some Real Facts. Oh by the Way...........I DO THIS for a Living :beerchug:

Back