600 Mile 1st tuneup

euroR

Registered
Just wanted to know what is done at a 1st check up the 600 mile one. Do they just change the oil and have look or is really important stuff done. Here in AZ its $200 but I think they will just change the oil and bull crap talk me like they did something important.

My very first service was $250 for an oil change. They said they went back and made sure everything was tight (bolts, etc.) but I did that when I first got the bike and every month after. So why was it $250?

$75 per hour labor for 3 hours.

The bike had to cool off for 2 1/2 hours and the 1/2 hour to do the actual oil change. So that came to $225. Yes ... they placed the bike in a corner to let it cool down and they charged me "labor". Then they charge for the actual 4 quarts of oil, the oil filter, and tax.

That was the first and last time they saw my bike ...

Bike had to cool off?!
wtf.gif

I run mine, then put it up on stands and change the oil/filter while the oil's hot...best way to make sure you actually get most of it out...stupid shops
bs.gif

You're best to do the maintenance yourself...it's fun, easy, your bike is well taken care of...I wouldn't have it any other way...
coolold.gif

Oil changes and maintenance aren't difficult...most find they'd rather KNOW what's being done to their bikes over just hoping the shop gets it right...

And it's c-o-m-p-e-t-e-n-t  
laugh.gif
I never said it was difficult, but I did disagree with it being fun and easy.
That sentence describes women I date more than bike maintenance.

I will do better on my spelling, sorry bout that.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Just change it yourself euroR...plenty of help found here, tips to do the work...the only shady area is whether or not Suzuki will service your Busa should you run in to problems down the road. There are opinions on both sides of that coin. My dealer assured me I wouldn't have problems getting service if needed while under warranty, as long as I saved receipts and documented all of the maintenance I'd done and when it was done...

Good luck...$200 would be a nice little mod to the bike...
beerchug.gif

Oil and filter are changed, other fluids are checked like blinker, etc. You know
firedevil.gif

you never know how careful theyre going to be taking off your fairings and such, or worse yet little grease monkey is in a hurry doesn't tighten youre oil plug all the way.

Do it yourself save the heart ache and money.

Back