First bike choices for a big rider?

Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to post your suggestions. I will definitely check out the bikes you mentioned.

It's hard work begin big and beautiful.

Turkey
I'm 6'4" 285 lbs the busa was my first bike in 10 years which basically makes it a first bike, like others have said the busa isn't so bad as long as you are in control of your right wrist..You know yourself and and if you can use control if you can't don't buy a busa but if you can buy the busa and never have to settle for a lesser bike again.
Jay

beerchug.gif

Busa, get all the proper gear and learn slow. Ride as if you are invisible and everything is trying to run in front or you or hit you. The busa will demand respect, if you lack self control don't get a Busa, or any other bike. Respect and control I think is my best advice when buying any type of bike. However you will eventually end up on a busa someday. Why prolong it???

My experience is Standard bikes (with upright rider seating) very user friendly. Side benefit they also fit larger riders well. Handle nearly as agressively as tank humping sportbikes
biggrin.gif

Suzuki - Bandit 1200s, SV650, SV1000
Yamaha - FZ6, FZ1
Kawasaki - Z750s, Z1000, ZRX1200
Honda - Superhawk, 919

Sport touring bikes fit largerfolk no prob. Cruiser Standard bikes look comfortable as well.

The busa is about as gentle as they come! I know there will be a lot of guys who will jump on that one. But I got a guy on a busa two years ago for a first bike and he fell in love with it. Rides it with passion and never had a problem. I just introduced a woman to a new busa. Although she is not totally green, she is very inexperienced and she is also in love and rides the busa very well. The only thing about the busa is you must have respect for the throttle until you become comfortable. If you don't respect the throttle, it will bite you. But then so will any other big bike! However, riding the busa as a first bike, you are no more apt to drop a busa than you are a 600? If you can ride a scooter, you can ride a busa! Most all skinned up fairings on a beginners bike comes from slow speed parking lot type crashes. Going though the learning curve you will most likely drop a bike once or twice so the busa may not be the most economical bike to learn on?
I am in agreeance here man. The Busa was my first and only bike and I have fell in love with it and wouldn't sell it for anything. I am 6'2 300 lbs even and it fits me like a glove. Get the bike you want bro just use some sense and take your time learning it before you go ripping it up. This bike can be as gentle as a pussycat or as ferocious as a lion, it all depends on how you make it be.

In your situation, I would have to say Bandit!!! Plenty of power, responsive, good brakes. A very good bike!!! Can hold thier own at the dragstrip too!!!!

Damn you guys rock. One quick question and tons of responses. I certainly do appreciate it. Well I went out on Saturday to get on some bikes and see what they felt like. The dood at the dealership said the best bike they had for me (which felt the most comfortable to me) was the zzr 1200 Kaw. Also kinda dug the new triumph st but the zzr was definitely comfortable. How far off is a busa from the zzr 1200? I have a 50 mile commute to work now and would like to take the bike some days. Can the busa be a commute for that too?
THanks for the help boys.

Only reason I didnt cehck the busa out yet was cuz the suzuki dealer was closed
sad.gif
Got a trip planned there next weekend.

Turkey

i would like to see what he looked like on a ninja 250 . u know ones u had on the training course to get his license
Stop it, Hell I looked funny on mine!!!!
hehe. .. yall just don't know how to look cool on a bike..

I got a ex250 like your talking 'bout.. still ride it from time to time.

full leather makes ya look like you know what your doing whatever your riding.. lol
Man you are a fool man!!!!

I was looking at the zzr1200 for the road riding ability but I always wanted a Busa, got the Busa and really impressed with the touring aspect very comfortable and mine still has stock everything, everyone says its even better with heli-bars 3/4 or more but I am very pleased with the Busa
biggrin.gif

Back