Ideas for a new Stall Mate Bike that is

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
Looking at a few options for a new bike in the stalls i'm currently sitting with a GSXR 1000 01 only mod slip on, of course the Busa getting built at spazs as we type, and a f4i track bike which i'm selling so leaves me a little room i'm in kinda a tough debate as to what to get next i'm almost laying twoards a cruiser just to have something diffrent from what i have looked at i like a VTX but that new Rocket III from Triumph has also caught my eye anyone have any opinions on these bikes or someone that owns a cruiser in there line up? i'm 6'2 and about 300lbs if that helps so i want a big cruiser. i did toy with the idea of buying a turbo busa and totally Touring it out with bags and bars as an idea Please anyone? what might be a good bang for my buck cruiser? can spend up to 15,000 in another bike possible have to see how the Calveies do at market
jump9.gif

I have a Yamaha Vstar cruiser in addition to my Busa. Just recently sold my Katana, so I am down to four bikes, my two and my wife's cruiser and sport bike.

You would do well with the VTX 1800, or add a few more coins and go for the Rune!!

Also the Kawi Vulcan 2000 is also nice.

Kawi_Vulcan_2000.jpg

Hmm wow Sane Man that looks damn nice yeah i have thought about the Rune alot but i just can't see spending 25,000 granted if i was gona spend that much it would be either that bike or a trubo busa with all the bling bling i like the VTX alot especially the Retro Look i like that alot more then the Custom but as far as cruiser go i have ridden a VTX and like it haven;t looked at to many others yet which i should only reason i have looked at honda so much is cause honda is only 40 miles from my while the restare at least 120 miles away from me What do you think about the New Triumph if it lives up to what i heard that thing will be the new Power beast for a resonable price at only 16,000 especialyl compared to the rune it weights about 90 lbs less then that
wow.gif

The new Triumph does have a huge motor, but from the pictures I have seen it is about Butt Ugly. Haven't seen one in person though.

If I were to purchase a big Metric cruiser right now, it would have to be the VTX. Big and powerful, lots of aftermarket, and Honda reliability.

Well the way things are looking i think i'm gona look for a wrecked VTX and fix it up biggest thing i was thinking was man it;s just not gona have that same pull as my busa granted i know the handleing will never come close but i found my power Problem
idea3.gif
Total Kaos performan has a turbo kit for the VTX
biggrin.gif
 pushes it up to 140 hp and 142lbs of touque @ 9lbs Boost
wow.gif
 that i think will make me happy enough to ride it a bit more. That and i think the GF might like the longer rides on that then the BUSA. Granted she still loves the busa but real long hauls for her kinda sucks. I it always thought i would boost my busa first but i think i'm gona boost a VTX and this next winter Boost the Busa if i see fit may keep the 1360 though with spray haveing 2 turbo bikes might be a bit much  

here is the Kaos Link to the VTX trubo
super.gif

http://www.totalkaosperformance.com/velo/turbo/vtxstg1.html

<!--EDIT|MidnightBusainSD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071420698 -->

Oh trust me Ninja eater i would love nothing more to get a rune i just can't support the cash flow well i could but then the farm would suffer and well thats not happening i think i'm gona look at the turbo VTX idea and see how i like that along with the 1360 my bike will have when it comes back if that dosen't tickle my fancy then i'll probly be looking to either turbo my busa or getting a nicely done turbo busa and have at least one bike non boosted hate to have turbo problems out here where i live no one i trust to work on that kinda stuff
cool.gif

Looking at a few options for a new bike in the stalls i'm currently sitting with a GSXR 1000 01 only mod slip on, of course the Busa getting built at spazs as we type, and a f4i track bike which i'm selling so leaves me a little room i'm in kinda a tough debate as to what to get next i'm almost laying twoards a cruiser just to have something diffrent from what i have looked at i like a VTX but that new Rocket III from Triumph has also caught my eye anyone have any opinions on these bikes or someone that owns a cruiser in there line up? i'm 6'2 and about 300lbs if that helps so i want a big cruiser. i did toy with the idea of buying a turbo busa and totally Touring it out with bags and bars as an idea  Please anyone? what might be a good bang for my buck cruiser? can spend up to 15,000 in another bike possible have to see how the Calveies do at market  
jump9.gif
do you own the black one thats blown up???

with all the lights on it??

I was at SPAZ's last week to get my BDE GENIII system and all I could say was DAMN!!!!! That thing was torn down to nothing!!!

Um if your looking for something comfy with a lot of aftermarket that your Lady will like get a Gold Wing Man. Biggest mother out there and passanger can take a nap back there if she wanted. They are sweet. OK They are huge yeah, but still if passanger comfort is really a concern...

do you own the black one thats blown up???

with all the lights on it?? [/QUOTE]

Yes that ones mine it needed alittle other work done also the swingarm had some ugle rub marks from a peice oh crap hugger that i had which isn't going back on there and the hangers for my hmf dual high mounts rubbed the swing arm one time cause i didn't have them installed right and rode it some then i found out
cussing.gif
. So that was gettin repowder coated along with other various little items such as the rear sets and the passanger pegs i talked to him last night and said he should be starting to put it back together here soon wich is good the painters are getting close to being ready for it to start the paint job on it next year
biggrin.gif

a Gold Wing Man.[/QUOTE]

Well i'm looking for comfort but not that much granted i can't say much i always said damn if i was gona spend that much for a bike i'd just as well buy a convertable but look at me now i got damn near 20g's into my busa or better actually with the bike purchase and rebuild and extras
wow.gif
and well if i had a wing i don't know not sure i'm ready to jump to that just yet and well she don't ride with me that much so it's more a bike for me with just the benift that she can ride alittle more comfortable on longer trips not to mention during Rally week out here i hate take the busa to sturgis just cause you can't enjoy to ride it there very well the back roads are so plugged with harleys ya fly around alotta them or get caught in traffic alot that you go so slow theres nothing worse then seeing your favortie twisty comeing up and you have to go through it slow as hell cause there is a train of harleys in front of you that also the other reason for the cruiser and well the VTX with a Turbo
biggrin.gif
should be lotsa good fun and even against a few punk sport bike kids in Towns anyways

biggrin.gif

Yeah Blas i really like them expsically the Retro look was gona do like full cruiser with the Corbin bags and such not sure if the trubo will work on the Retro i think it should i think they have it on a C model right now i guess my next question would be a VTX with 142 lbs tourqw is it gona wheelie? and if so how bad? on a retro would i smash the rear fender?
rock.gif

I wouldn't like riding the VTX 1800 around town because it is really top heavy. It would be nice for the highway I bet. I almost traded my V-Star in on a VTX 1300 however. The only thing I didn't like, it doesn't have Fuel Injection. The VTX 1800 has it though.

Here are some pictures I took at the motorcycle show of the Triumph.

Triumph_Rocket_III_1_small.jpg

Back