Bike Stalling while Riding

2014Busa#7

Registered
I own a 2014 Busa with approximately 3000 mile. A few years ago while out on a ride I stopped a gas station to fuel up. When I tried to start the bike, it would not start. At which time it later fired up. As months and years went on, my bike has stalled several times stopped on the roadway at a red light. Now that it’s happening more often, I’m asking if anyone could tell me how to fix this problem.. When the bike is in stall mold and as I’m trying to start it, it sounds like the battery is dead. I’ll let it sit for a few, and it would then later start. I have removed the battery, had it tested and was told that the battery was good. At this time, I have no clue. Any advice?

D15EF5AC-12FE-4B55-86B8-E909A25E9E1C.jpeg

That poor bike! That mileage breaks down to about 31 miles per month! WTH? Maybe your tank isn’t venting like it should. When it’s down a few gallons does it whoosh when you open the gas cap?
That poor bike! That mileage breaks down to about 31 miles per month! WTH? Maybe your tank isn’t venting like it should. When it’s down a few gallons does it whoosh when you open the gas cap?

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking black bike!

Are there are any electrical upgrades which could have nicked the wiring?

I would run the electrical tests from the service manual regarding stator AC output, DC battery voltage, and current leakage. Do these when the bike is roasting hot, like it is as you sit at a light with no airflow.

While the stalling must be fixed the slow hot start is a Hayabusa curse.

Welcome to the forum! Like stated above, listing any and all electrical mods you have would help others in trying to help you resolve the issue.

No one has mentioned this yet, but in a high current load circuit such as a starter motor, the connections and cables MUST be solid, in other words, tight connections at the terminals (at the battery and at the relay, the relay to the starter motor) also must be CLEAN connections at the terminals, no corrosion whatsoever!
The relay needs to be checked for voltage drop across the terminals when relay is switched, also, just try putting a jump pack or jumper leads to a decent size battery to be sure it is NOT a battery issue (I know, I know, you had the battery tested and told it's good, an independant test will conclude whether that is the case, or not.)
DO NOT forget to check the ground cable connection at the chassis/engine.
Look for corrosion. . . or just loosen the bolt, spray and clean the terminal, and re-tighten the bolt.
Last but not least is the starter motor itself.
Once all the other checks are done, and you're happy everything else in the starter circuit is ok, remove the starter, strip it and inspect it for worn brushes, fault in the armature etc. Replace it with a new one, use only a genuine Suzuki starter, the knock offs are junk.
That's my 2c worth, I'm off for a ride on my new V-Strom now.
(Hayabusas... bahhhh. So yesterday lmao)

Thanks a lot Kiwi Rider. I will take your advice and see what happens. I know, “Hayabusa“. I have had several bikes. From sports bikes to pro street chopper. In 2015 I decided to give the busa a second shot. Not a bad for now. Thanks again.

I just wanted to say thanks for all of your input. My bike is fixed and running like new and with no issues!! The problem was the original battery needed to be replaced and the negative cable was not properly connected. I replaced the old battery with a lithium battery 480 crank amps and tightened all cables. The bike is back! Thanks again..

Back