busa stalls during quick stops...anyone?

willgetbusa

Registered
since i got the busa, it stalled a few times during quick stops at traffic lights. the busa's fine when i have enough distance to stop it. it also started back up with out any problem and ran fine after that. any suggestions, comments, advices, etc. would be appreciated.

Idle around 1300RPM or it can stall when the clutch pulled in/coasting.
smile.gif

thanks for the suggestion guys, the bike idles at 1100. the first time i had to brake hard, i thought i hit the kickstand when i was down shifting fast but that's not the case. the second time, i thought i was low in fuel because the needle was in the red but that's not the case. today, the tank was half full, had to brake hard and the bike stalls again because the lights were changing. so i have no ideas why the bike only stalls during hard braking.

WGB make sure the bike is a operating temp when you adjust the idle. Mine did the same thing it also use to do it when I would blip the throttle when sitting at a stop light. I raised the idle to 1250-1300 and the prob went away.

My buddy that I ride with had the same thing happen to his Busa. It would happen at least twice a day. He adjusted the idle up to 1300 and never happened again. hadn't had that happen to me yet

Idle around 1300RPM or it can stall when the clutch pulled in/coasting.
smile.gif
thanks dude, that's higher than what suzuki stated on their manual( i think around 1050-12000rpm), did they not do their homework when they produce the busa?  or is it the clutch? because it stalls when the clutch is pulled in.
That idle is the minimum. Mine did the same thing until I brought the idle up to 1300 and it never happened again. Do make sure it is fully warmed first or it will be off.
smile.gif

smile.gif

I had that issue happen like 2-3 times.... it was the idle 2wice, but one time I just stopped too fast and the bike was still in gear and I didn't have the clutch pulled in. N.E.W.B.I.E. is what I felt like, luckily the engine was off for maybe 3 seconds, because I got back into pro mode and started it back up like it never happened.
1,200 is perfect idle for me.

Well mine idles at about 1100 or so and I have never had that problem and I have had a couple nice quick stops. Although I did stall out at a light today. Was gonna go for a good stretch and like a moron forgot I was in gear let off the clutch and lurch there goes the bike. I was very embarrased felt like an idiot but I know it has happened to people before but its always bad in front of people.

I've had that same issue on a couple of occassions and figured it was the idle. I guess I'll bump it up some as well

Back