first 1/8 mile times.....

Perhaps ricky slips the clutch more than i do, keeping the front tire down allowing him to accelerate more consistently than i did, thus not having to back out of it when the front tire lifts, guess that would explain his higher mph? Lower et? If i make it out of the 60 at 1.6xx but have to release say around the 100' mark to compensate for wheel lift, i lose a few tenths as well as mph, am i making sense? And according to the track, there system is dead on.... Macon national dragway, twiggs ga

Rickys riding style is all about his body postion clutch and throttle control most SWB bikes his clutch is out before the 60' cone. His weight is a key factor to his ET and MPH just as Jay Gleason was a legend for pulling some fast times on SWB motorcycles thats why he was hired by most motorcycle magazines when a new motorcycle came out. Jay may have weighed a max of 135 lbs fully suited ready to ride. As another member stated "the quicker you get the clutch out without bogging the engine (SWB busas dont bog unless your 400+lbs)
I know this may bring argument to the topic but the lighter the rider the less he will have to fight with wheelies. Think about it... The engine doesnt care if you 100lbs or 300lbs it still wants to put them ponies to the rear wheel to move the bike forward the horsepower has to go somewhere either in forward motion or looped over. Yes weight would have an advantage if you were able to get your ass on the handlebars. LOL!
On the dragstrip, MPH equals HP. The quicker you can go WOT which equals more HP the more MPH your going to make. Each time you have to back off the throttle less HP = Less MPH. This is all a balancing act and why it takes so much practice to find the middle.
I have raced many dragstrips over the years and raced The NHRA Division Finals Race Of Champions in 1992 down in GA but never heard of Macon National Dragway. What timing system do they use, are the using incodesent or LED bulbs? Of course they will say there timing system is accurate. Are they a new track? I tried to look them up and they dont have a website yet. Track times will vary I learned this at private dash for cash races at some pretty chitty dragstrips. Rollouts, ET/MPH cone spacing. a couple inches off on the 60' can make a hundreth no problem.
Who knows you may be the next un heard of superstar that can pull magical numbers on a holeshot :dunno: My SWB VMAX would 60' hard for a SWB at 1.63's on a street tire and 1.52's with a M&H car slick and I know when I ran street night against other SWB sportbikes I would holeshot em every time and now with the BUSA I am lucky to pull off a 1.73.
Bring that 60'ing monster up to nashville this Sunday for a chance at $1800.00 I would luv to see how you launch that thing :beerchug:

Twiggs is a good track! I'm sure it is dialed in! You should come over to Phenix City or Montgomery some time since you are so close!

As for the mph debate, I let the local jockey run my bike last year SWB, and on his first pass he ran just a hair slower et and picked up 3mph instantly! I hate little guys! :laugh:

Yes it does. IDK if you know any of the big grudge racers, but a guy named CJ that runs a 1K was in my shop yesterday and was just talking about how he had a couple of races set up for over there in a month or so. BTW, don't race him either unless you like giving your money away! :laugh:
If you do, I could use a donation instead! :please:

IMG_20230427_123057.png

Nice job! Now the next step is lowering links and a front strap.
Just trying to see what it'll run bone stock I know I can go faster if I lowered it strapped it and geared it. way faster. Just trying to figure out in the stock configuration how fast it'll run in 1/8 bone stock. ????

Back