my 1/4 mile time

bigbill1300

Registered
I am another big rider that loves to drag race i am over 300lbs. my best time in a 1/4 mile was 10.62 my mph was 131.31 reaction was .7593 60 ft was 1.7713 etc I have a 06 busa stretched 4-6in power commander full yoshi exaust sprocket conversions bmc race air filter mre air shifter air box mod transmission under cut. All the basics before start going into the motor. I am looking for 9.90s any ideas with my size is it possible.

Bill,

You are off to a good start. Work on getting that 60' down. You should be able to get it in the 1.6xx. Getting 2 tenths there will take off 4 at the end. Seat time. More passes will make you better!

Rick

diet
poke.gif
j/k the prof is right.
Getting 2 tenths there will take off 4 at the end

real important sets the pace for entire run.

my 1st time out on my 08 and 1st time with a bike on the track i ran 11.77 @ 132 with a 2.2 60'
my last run of the night i ran a 13.5 @ 1282.8 and doing a rolling burn out in 1st and 2nt with a mix of wheelies.
from raceing cars its all about seat time.
being a big guy (320lbs) ant helping either. lol

What is your gearing? I am 4" over with a pipe and power commander and I've been 9.76 @ 142. My 60' was 1.609. I run a 16/42 gear at the track. My buddy, who weighs close to 300lb has been 10.004. Yep, if a fly would have farted he would of had his 9 second pass. Seat time is the key. Good luck and keep us posted.
beerchug.gif

You're doing what you should. You can launch a little harder and likely find the times you are looking for.

When I weighed in at 265 I pulled a 10.2 with the bike at the stock height and length. No strap, no map, no mods. I even had the stock exhaust on the bike. You can make it happen.

I weigh a good bit less now and should be hitting 160lbs - 170lbs by the beginning of next season.

I will be able to say that I beat anorexia and then found my way back
firedevil.gif

You're at exactly where you weight, time wise/mph should be.

Seat time, try and get mid 1.6's or better. Make sure you're WOT before you hit the tree. 60 foot is everything.

Get an R1 throttle tube, that will help you go WOT quicker as well.

Back