Finally Joined The 'busa Crowd.

Hi bikbutybusa, there's probably more graybeards on here than you realise :D and yes, the scorps give a deep throaty rumble as do the pipewerx cans. You can probably listen to a few audios on youtube. Here is the pipewerx link I found for you
:D plus you can listen to my akrapovic on the supercharger forum on here :devil: :race:
Hey Bigdev. Me Likey!! My laptop speakers didn't do the vid justice, so put on my good Sennheiser headphones. Wow! They sound great, not obnoxious at all. I've only heard my girls engine when the delivery the guy dropped her off so this vid lets me know what I can expect from the stock pipes. They sound pretty good to me. I'd Imagine at WOT, the pipewerx cans really come alive. I like that the show more rear wheel, and in my case, the rear hugger I'm installing. Something to think about.

I'll check out your akrapovic on the supercharger forum soon. Thanks again for the input. :bowdown:

Like I said, you guys are gonna get me in trouble. Just...have....to....say....no....to....mods! :lol:

I started off with, "she needs some cans".....now she needs a dyno set up......now she needs a quick action throttle.....now she needs carbon wheels, front mudguard and hugger.....now she needs a four into one.....and another dyno set up......and finally...now she needs....a supercharger and yet another dyno set up......luckily.... as I told my girlfriend..... I got everything for £50.00 off EBay :devil::lol::race:

I started off with, "she needs some cans".....now she needs a dyno set up......now she needs a quick action throttle.....now she needs carbon wheels, front mudguard and hugger.....now she needs a four into one.....and another dyno set up......and finally...now she needs....a supercharger and yet another dyno set up......luckily.... as I told my girlfriend..... I got everything for £50.00 off EBay :devil::lol::race:

That's a huge fear of mine, I will die and my wife will start selling my stuff off for what I told her I have in it.:D

Oh, I forgot, the front fork re-valve and re-spring and the Elka shock for the rear and suspension set up by Kais.....that'll be another 100 quid added to the total :lol:

Oh, I forgot, the front fork re-valve and re-spring and the Elka shock for the rear and suspension set up by Kais.....that'll be another 100 quid added to the total :lol:
Yup, you got it BAD bigdev! I did forget to mention I will probably get a taller Zero gravity windscreen. I actually had already bought a Sport touring screen for the gixxer but didn't give it away with the bike when I traded her in on the 'Busa. Crappy company wouldn't let me swap it out for a 'Busa screen so stuck with it. Will try to sell it on ebay or craigslist to some of my $ back. I was wondering if anyone on the forum is tall like me (6'2") and found the need to upgrade their screen. If, what did they get and why. That would be helpful.
Thanks! :beerchug: btw: Had some great bonding time with black beauty last night. My sunday time was interrupted with a call out for work so I made up for last night. Minor scratches taken out of the tank and backrest with Meguiars M105, then an overall polish with M205 for a spider web free finish, the finally, the whole bike got the M21 sealant. It's purple and goes on and off easy. Pics are still on my cell... will transfer later. The only bad things about the pics is: 1. Beauty is still in the basement.. really need the sun to show the shine, and 2. the reflectors ruined most of the shots because of the reflection. I guess I should take them off to clean up the aesthetics. I live in a rural area and will be staying away from traffic approaching from the side, and I especially won't be out at night, at least intentionally. Hope to take some nice pics with the hugger and fender eliminator installed. And the fun continues! :thumbsup:

Yup, you got it BAD bigdev! I did forget to mention I will probably get a taller Zero gravity windscreen. I actually had already bought a Sport touring screen for the gixxer but didn't give it away with the bike when I traded her in on the 'Busa. Crappy company wouldn't let me swap it out for a 'Busa screen so stuck with it. Will try to sell it on ebay or craigslist to some of my $ back. I was wondering if anyone on the forum is tall like me (6'2") and found the need to upgrade their screen. If, what did they get and why. That would be helpful.
Thanks! :beerchug: btw: Had some great bonding time with black beauty last night. My sunday time was interrupted with a call out for work so I made up for last night. Minor scratches taken out of the tank and backrest with Meguiars M105, then an overall polish with M205 for a spider web free finish, the finally, the whole bike got the M21 sealant. It's purple and goes on and off easy. Pics are still on my cell... will transfer later. The only bad things about the pics is: 1. Beauty is still in the basement.. really need the sun to show the shine, and 2. the reflectors ruined most of the shots because of the reflection. I guess I should take them off to clean up the aesthetics. I live in a rural area and will be staying away from traffic approaching from the side, and I especially won't be out at night, at least intentionally. Hope to take some nice pics with the hugger and fender eliminator installed. And the fun continues! :thumbsup:

Haha, I keep my busa in the conservatory, much to my girlfriends dismay. She keeps going on about how I should get her a garage......good idea I said but I do prefer you living in the house :lol:. Not me you idiot she replied, the bike. I don't think so I said, she likes it in the conservatory, nice and warm and a radiator for the long winters, nice carpet, sofa so I can sit and gaze lovingly at her and a tv to keep her company. PS....it's her house haha :bounce::lol::race:

Oh and today I ordered her a halo/devil eyes headlight assembly, well, it is her birthday, no, the girlfriends not the Busa's :lol:but I'm sure the GF will appreciate the thought :banana::bounce::super:

Here are some pics from the bonding. Stupid reflectors. Kinda messed up most pics so left 'em out except one. Do you guys take 'em off or leave 'em on for safety. I about ready to take 'em off...

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1941.JPG

Oh and today I ordered her a halo/devil eyes headlight assembly, well, it is her birthday, no, the girlfriends not the Busa's :lol:but I'm sure the GF will appreciate the thought :banana::bounce::super:
Very Generous of you sir! :lol: I've spent my share of mods $ money on a second gopro and various mounts (no stick on pads:() to record some of my exploits once I get a few hundred miles on her and am comfortable. I have an old hero naked (gen1?) but wanted one with remote capability so got a good deal on a hero5 black and a Removu 1+. Will wrap that around one of the MC reservoirs. I have a mirror mount and license plate mount from Schnitz racing. Solid mounts so my gopro's don't go bouncing down the road. Hope to post some (probably boring as hell) vids during my vacation end of May.
Ride safe! :cool:

Here are some pics from the bonding. Stupid reflectors. Kinda messed up most pics so left 'em out except one. Do you guys take 'em off or leave 'em on for safety. I about ready to take 'em off...

View attachment 1572608

View attachment 1572609

View attachment 1572610

View attachment 1572611

View attachment 1572612

View attachment 1572613

View attachment 1572614

View attachment 1572615

Most of us remove the reflectors. Safety isn't alway the primary concern for a Busa owner. Don't get me wrong we do very much concern ourselves with safety, just not ugly safety.

Very Generous of you sir! :lol: I've spent my share of mods $ money on a second gopro and various mounts (no stick on pads:() to record some of my exploits once I get a few hundred miles on her and am comfortable. I have an old hero naked (gen1?) but wanted one with remote capability so got a good deal on a hero5 black and a Removu 1+. Will wrap that around one of the MC reservoirs. I have a mirror mount and license plate mount from Schnitz racing. Solid mounts so my gopro's don't go bouncing down the road. Hope to post some (probably boring as hell) vids during my vacation end of May.
Ride safe! :cool:

She polished up very nicely didn't she, I'm a big fan of Meguiars cleaning and polishing products and you have done a good job :drool:. Take care and ride safe yourself. Look forward to the vids and there is no such thing as boring Busa pics or vids :D

View attachment 1572608

View attachment 1572609

View attachment 1572610

View attachment 1572611

View attachment 1572612

View attachment 1572613

View attachment 1572614

View attachment 1572615
I love this color combo so much that, I've considered selling my '09 for one of these '16 or getting mine painted in this color scheme.

She polished up very nicely didn't she, I'm a big fan of Meguiars cleaning and polishing products and you have done a good job.:drool: Take care and ride safe yourself. Look forward to the vids and there is no such thing as boring Busa pics or vids :D
During my car days, I had a black C5 Vette. The clear coat scratched so easily but was a real pain to get that same scratch out. That Vette was my guinea pig for detailing. I learned a lot about what works and what doesn't on a black vehicle (if you can do black, you can do anything) so I usually get it right the first time these days. I have a DA polisher for cars but MC's are small enough that hand application is easy and fun. The clear coat on the 'Busa is almost as hard as the vette's. I noticed in the pics I still missed a few minor scratches but the sealant hid most of my mistakes. But thanks for the kind words. I hope the vids are good.. we shall see. I am two weeks to the day away from my long awaited vaca since starting a new job in October. But hope to get on my 'Busa before then if only for a short ride. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Back