Finally got my nine second pass

Cobra Steve

Registered
After months of running 10.0s, I finally broke into the 9s.  Friday night at my local track the DA was 3600 and I still ran a 9.97.  Mods to the bike are K&N filter, D&D slip-ons, 15/39 sprockets, strap and a shinko rear tire(standard, not super soft). Now that I've hit my goal, I'm not sure what I wanna do.

9-97pass.jpg

<!--EDIT|Cobra Steve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125339327 -->

Now that you hit your goal, you might wanna go for 8 secs?
cool.gif

I'm kind of in your same shoes... I got a 9.973 the other night... now I guess I'll get a license so that I can run 9's at the track without getting kicked out... and I'll be putting some NOS as soon as I get the cash.... the faster you go, the more fun it gets
wink.gif

Congrats on the run!!

Still working on the 9's. Second time at the strip, improved over 4/10s from the first visit.

Ran a 10.1 with a 1.6 60'. @ 138.34. With basically your setup minus the rear teeth.

congrats on the run here is a slip of mine from friday night.

60ft 1.56
330ft 4.13
1/8 6.27
1/8mph 114.78
1000ft 8.14
1/4 9.7500
1/4 mph 139.68

I am 63 inches or so wich is about 5 over,Brock pipe,PC3 lowered 1 inch in rear and 1 in the front 16/40 gearing.

I finally did too!! I also ran a 9.97 @ 140.8 MPH but with a 1.72 60 ft. Backed it up with a 9.99 @ 140.2 mph with a 1.74 60 ft. FEELS GOOD Huh
biggrin.gif

Everyone keeps talking about a license if you are in the nine's. What license?? How would you go about getting this mystery license?? Thanks guys for the reply to a beginner that will be in the nine's 1/2 second from now.

Congrats,
I'm jealous but happy for you. My best so far has been a 10.7 in Colorado and a 10.2 down in Vegas, cant wait when I get my first single digit ET.

Everyone keeps talking about a license if you are in the nine's. What license?? How would you go about getting this mystery license?? Thanks guys for the reply to a beginner that will be in the nine's 1/2 second from now.
an NHRA sanctioned track:

quicker than 10.0s requires an NHRA license
faster than 120mph requires full leathers

the license is not a mystery. get out there more often, and when you do break 10s, you'll be hooked!

an NHRA sanctioned track:

quicker than 10.0s requires an NHRA license
faster than 120mph requires full leathers

the license is not a mystery. get out there more often, and when you do break 10s, you'll be hooked!
But you can get at least one warning before getting sent to the trailer...........

Check www.nhra.com under licensing. I'm holding the application in my hand right now. There is about six passes involved and $100+ in NHRA fees plus a physical by your doctor. I'm hoping to get licensed this weekend.

Back