I Finally got my Busa

808Busa

Registered
Last night (Friday) i picked my Busa up.  It had to be the most difficult thing I had to go through in a while. Let me explain.  

First, I had sold my SV1000s .. the Marine i sold it to gave me one of those Credit Card Checks (i was a little uncomfortable with that) but i figure what the heck He's a Marine and if he did something Stupid like runing away that would be his a$$.  We live on Oahu, a island so small it only takes you 45 minutes to an Hour to go from one end to the other (actually around the island).  Also the guy has family Wife and 3 Kids, so i figure he would'nt do something stupid like run away and give me a bad check. He had too much to lose.  

Bike was sold on a Monday 4.11.05

Next i had to wait 6 business days for the check to clear.. That sucked because The Busa is right within arms reach but cant get it.  

Tuesday 4/19/05 Finally the check cleared .. whoo hoo
I go to the Bank to withdraw the Cash, Cash in had.  So now i call the owner of the bike up .. with no avail  
Wednesday no answer  
Thursday no answer

This was Killin me!

Friday morning 4/22/05 8:30 am Phone rings its the Owner!  He was on a business trip and forgot to foward his calls to his Cell Phone. We set up a time to meet up and finish the transaction.

I have to express how much Pain i had to go thru...  haha  
Ever had something you wanted sooo bad you had to have it?  but for some reason you have to wait  and wait while its sitting infront of you. and you cant touch it  .. OMG

Now that thats over .. all i have to say is the wait was well worth it .. The Bike is a Beast!

I can now gauge and compare the Busa and my SV1000S,  When i first got on the Busa and was riding it, felt super smooth, not like my SV which the low end inital TQ made it a little jumpy.  But while i was getting aquinted with my new Toy, I first thought the bike felt a bit soft down Low since the my old V-Twin had really good TQ down low..*ie snappy wanna wheelie TQ .. but then i revved the Beast past 4500rpm and OMG  ... it would Kill my SV!  whoa..

THe BUsa has such a linear pick up you don't notice what the rate of accelaration is until you look at the speedo.  Its a Beast.

Even though it has so much power its  so easy to ride smoothly  .. I think im in Love .. hehe

The riding position is a bit different from the SV so it should take a couple days to get used to and it rides much smaller than it is.  I also will have to get used to the handling but it does handle pretty well.

I will get more ride time in and then give a update later. All i can say i made a right choice and i dont think i will ever sell this bike or go to another bike..

GLAD TO JOIN THE TEAM.  

Ps i already ordered my Akropovic Ti full system  hehehe  ... cant wait.

congratulations!!!
jump9.gif

Congrats on the new toy. Though the Busa is fun, I'm just not sure about riding in circles around the Island.
rock.gif
Welcome to the obsession and has it been said yet............PICS?

Pic's comming soon... mz .. About the around the island thing .. its a bit over exaggerating .. but the island is small 500 square miles? +/- .. lol but we have a few freeways and highways here .. all i can say is that ppL in the mainland got it good .. as far as places to ride.. maybe someday ill move up there.. its difficult to give up paradise.

Almost bought the Top GUn undertail today along with a Power COmmander III .. but had to force myself to leave the shop.. They had both instock .. but its on hold for me hehehe.
the local shop what a terrible place to be.

once i get the pics ill prob.. need help posting up . you'll hear form me soon.

Peace

THe BUsa has such a linear pick up you don't notice what the rate of accelaration is until you look at the speedo.  Its a Beast.

Even though it has so much power its  so easy to ride smoothly  .. I think im in Love .. hehe
I love to hear stuff like this. Congrats on the new steed!

Congratz on the Busa...... and welcome. PICS!

I know those feelings well. I felt like a kid in Christmas anticipation when I was waiting to pick mine up. Congrats!

Welcome and get ready for all the mod's you will read about here. You will want to do at least half of them, so get your check book ready.

Question .. i ordered a Akropivic race full system with Ti can .. THis Pair mod thing do i need it? as in blocking it off .. i also picked up a PC III .. Also i almost picked up a Top Gun undertail .. but decided not to because i like the look of the stock rear just that i want to clean it up get rid of the fender and the square part of the tail light .. any suggestions?

Thanx

Back