Finally got around to it.

newman

Registered
Got around to putting my ride on in the Tyres yesterday. Put the bike on it's stands and it was really easy to do, 10oz in the back tyre and 6oz in the front tyre.
Started to pump up the back tyre but then my electric pump went wrong :banghead: it just kept on going showing no pressure on the Gauge, it's supposed to stop when it reaches the set psi, so I stopped it and checked the pressure by hand cor it was 61 psi, so I let the pressure out a bit at a time until it was Ok, then pumped up the front tyre for three minutes and checked the pressure on that 56 psi so I did the same.
I'm stupid that I let it pump up for so long, I used to work for Bandag tyre re-treaders in Iceland and have seen what an over inflated tyre can do.
Heard a big bang once and the guy who took the truck tyres off was inflating one on the floor and it exploded, he hit the ceiling and was lucky he was alright.
Another guy took off the safety valve of a pump and forgot about the tyre, this was just before the tyre was going to be cured, my friend went to put the tyre in the oven and the thing exploded bent the metal keeping the cover in place and hit my friend in the face, he is lucky to be alive and has a five inch and a three inch scar down his face.
Just saying this in case anybody does forget if their pumping up tyres it can be very dangerous.

100_1762.jpg

100_1758.jpg

???what the heck are you putting in that tire? is that fix a flat?

It looks like something to prevent flats, not fix them.

Actually pretty kul if it actually works like its advertised :rulez:

Back