Please help, wife not happy

Martin.UK

Registered
with me having the busa anymore. what she is upset with me about, is i only get 1700 miles out of my rear tyres. which is one a month. she has keeped all the bills for the bike and over the last year, we have spent just over £1,300 on tyres alone. i only use the bike for fun. i have tried to slow down and make them last longer but i enjoy the busa so much. what can i do, my last gsxr750 i was getting 4000 miles out of the tyres and that was ragging it.

Last edited:
Sweet talk the tire companies...they have tire technology that would last a lifetime, but it would put them out of business in the long run because they would not be able to sell anymore tires~!~

buy the shinko ravens...i get about 6k out of them. some say the avon storms get really long life too... ravens about 100$ storms 200$

i have tried

BT015
BT020
BT021
BT056

Dunlop 208
Dunlop 209 GP
Dunlop viper sports

Michelin pilot power 2ct

Metzeler racetec

New wife? no i love the old model i have, as she my best friend ;o)

Last edited:
must be your riding style. Burnouts, launches, locking up the rear tire...stop doing that youll be fine. I get over 3k and i dont use anything special.

must be your riding style. Burnouts, launches, locking up the rear tire...stop doing that youll be fine. I get over 3k and i dont use anything special.

I dont do burnouts or locking up the rear end. but i think your on to somthing with the launches. i do get up to speed quick.

try metzler road tec I got over 10,000 out of a rear. I have dunlope road smarts now with almost 4000 on them still look new. I don't do burnouts though.

I dont do burnouts or locking up the rear end. but i think your on to somthing with the launches. i do get up to speed quick.

Thats the cause, lots of friction. Maybe try only quick take offs every now and then. I do the same I love the acceleration but tires are way too expensive.

I get three track days out of set. 400miles maybe.. Street 4-6k miles.
You both should have accounts for fun money, with no penalty for what you buy.

agreed, with a "fun money" account, you can buy parts, tires, nitrous, whatever you want.

tire life is determined by your abilities and control. Smooth ridding will give better tire life. Slow down your pace a little and enjoy the whole experience and environment.

Back