Finally did it!

r1d3on3

Registered
So I finally stretched the Busa in search of some lower ET. I'm sitting right at about 70" with an Evil arm, a re-sprung and re-valved factory shock by Trac Dynamics, a Catalyst 10+ Supersport tail, 17/45 gearing, and Brock's fully adjustable links instead of the dogbones I had on it. Just have to paint the tail and have the seat covered. I will also be throwing a Michelin Power One on in place of my dried out burned up 2 year old Shinko HookUp. Hopefully the Power One works like I've heard it does. I can't wait to hit up the track before the season is over. It will be my first time out on a stretched bike at the track. I've been riding it around all over town and up and down the highway. :thumbsup:

P.S. If your reading this Josh, I owe you a seat! P.M. me your address and I'll ship my factory Gen 2 seat your way for your butchering pleasure :beerchug:

Bus 1.jpg

Busa 2.jpg

NIce!!!!!!! Care to share pics on how you braced the tail? My baby has a new rear and trying to figure out how I want to brace it. I have the exact same setup except not sitting that far back, I'm sure you will bring down your times now!!!! :laugh:

NIce!!!!!!! Care to share pics on how you braced the tail? My baby has a new rear and trying to figure out how I want to brace it. I have the exact same setup except not sitting that far back, I'm sure you will bring down your times now!!!! :laugh:

As long as you don't laugh at the welding, I suck at welding. It's all good though, I didn't have to pay a ridiculously stupid ass amount like $550 for a DME so I could really care less what anyone else thinks, haha. (They are nice looking though and lightweight) I basically just cut the factory plastic undertail and tied into it with my own sheetmetal undertail. I welded the sheetmetal to the subframe i built. As far as the Subframe, I just flipped the factory one over and made a connecting rod to attach at the bottom to the factory bolt holes. Then I bent some roundstock like I wanted it and extended the subframe on out about 6 inches. I heated up and rounded over a piece of strap metal and cut a hole in the middle of it for the dzus button to go through and grab the wire it attaches to. I just played around with the subframe when I flipped it over and got my height like i wanted it. I have never messed with dzus fasteners so that was new to me, i riveted the button/spring assembly onto the tail itself and put the wire it locks onto on the subframe support. I sent the tail off to paint this morning. Still trying to decide how I'm gonna support that cut down seat so im not putting all of my weight directly on the battery. Then I'll get the seat covered. Then it won't be looking like ass no more :thumbsup: Oh, the last pic is when I first got started so you can kind of see how I did the subframe and undertail part

Oh, and the tail will be black. I wanted to do black with the orange on the pieces that stick out on the side, but I got cheap and told my guy just shoot it all black.

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

SF 2.jpg

Getting started.jpg

And if anyone is curious about an evil arm... I'm not sure what my mph was but with 17/45 gears I was showing 180mph the other day and it was smooth and straight as an arrow. no hiccups. The arm is clean too and looks like a well built piece

Looks good to me buddy. I'm not using any of the dzus fasteners, but one day I might. I cut my tail to fit the stock seat on like normal. I am currently planning on using two bolts with rubber stoppers on the bottom side in the bolt holes that the grab handle originally used to support the tail from the bottom, as well as the 4 bolt holes you are using. I hope this is enough support. I am not using the factory the tail light or blinkers either, the only thing that will be hanging off the back is a license plate and led strip for the brake/running light. That black and orange always looks good at the track. I would have painted the tail all black on it too. Could always put orange decals on it. I also agree with the Evil arm, I have had mine on for a few months now and love it! Some have said it looks to small for a Busa, but I don't think so at all. I'll take pics once it's all done. Let us know how she runs when you get all up and going. :thumbsup:

Heck yah Steve, post up pics when you're done. :thumbsup: I would like the comfort of having my stock gel seat back on after riding around town on straight up hard plastic. Haha. Two things I didn't want to lose though was being able to get as low as possible, and also I hate sliding back in my seat when I launch the bike. When I got to where I was leaving real hard off the line my ass would slide back and slam into the cowling, which is a bad deal all around. Got the tail primered yesterday and should be finished up today. Got a lockhart phillips integrated tail light that should be here tomorrow, i'm getting close to not have to ride around all kinds of illegal like, lol, other than the straight exhaust. You would be surprised how many cops drove behind me and right past me and never gave a second look on the fact that my license plate is attached to the nos bracket on the arm, haha.

As far as the dzus fasteners, like my dad always says, "It's like hog hunting, everyone claims to know everything, but really they know nothing about it." This can be so true for bikes and racing. Everyone claims to be an authority. I have never had an extended tail so I will be straight up honest by saying I don't know for sure, but like Ludicrous Speed said, I can definitely see not having a dzus fastener or some type of attachment on your tail being a problem where it touches the support. My fiberglass tail bounces up and down with the rest of the tail section like crazy but its solid as a rock...attached in four places plus the dzus fastener. If it wasnt attached i could see it easily breaking. It's kind of a pain to deal with it, but definitely worth doing to protect your investment. :beerchug:

Primer tail.jpg

Yahhh buddy! Now if Ruben would have got my seat covered by 5:00 this afternoon like he said, instead of closing shop before 4:45 when I arrived, I would be able to ride this weekend...Appreciate it Ruben, I'll make sure and send lots of references your way...:moon:

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

Okeedokee, 100% finished, now if the streets would dry out from all this crazy rain we've been getting! Gonna drive me nuts if I can't ride tomorrow

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

NIIIICE!!!!!!! I caught your signature, any idea if you will be at the Texas Mile in the spring? I plan to run mine for the first time then. Hit me up if you decide to. I don't know anyone that has been there...

NIIIICE!!!!!!! I caught your signature, any idea if you will be at the Texas Mile in the spring? I plan to run mine for the first time then. Hit me up if you decide to. I don't know anyone that has been there...

I'm not sure really. I would like to, funds are kinda tight. I quite my job and going back to college. At the same time I don't know, after seeing Bill and Karl eat it big time, that track worries me in a few spots. It's prob ok for us NA guys though. My brother is putting a turbo on his ZX-14 right now and if I do go I will most likely run his also so I can break 200 without having to worry about perfect conditions. I'm dying to bust 200 mph but its hard to do in a mile. Everything has to be just right on a NA bike. I should have on that 197.3 mph pass but i hung nuetral on my 1-2 shift...talk about seeing someone get bent, lol, i was torqued all outta shape. Anyhow, all that to say I hope I make it again soon. Josh Barton (Got-Busa) goes down there sometimes. California Kid, Johnny Cheese, Bob Sellers are regulars down there, all real legit guys. Just go say hi. They are some serious LSR enthusiasts. I promise you will run into plenty of new friends. It's not like the drag-strip where you might get snubbed by the guy sitting next to you, these guys are all out to see everyone reach their personal goals and go super fast. Go do it man, everyone should go once. You'll find out first time out if you like it or not. I ain't gonna lie, if it's your first time ever, the first 2-3 passes down the track can be intimidating. I thought I had gone fast, but when you wind it out in every gear, hit 6th, and...stay wot for another good while, that is a new concept. It's a blast though. I love myself some high mph.

Austin,

Looks good! :thumbsup:

You should be knocking on the 8's with that setup. Looking forward to you getting back out to the track..

What's your brother got planned? I see a Turbo on his bike in the pics... :laugh:

I'll PM you my address.. ;)

I'm not sure if I'm going or not but if you have any questions or need any help don't be affraid to ask. :beerchug:

Back