Finally made it into the 6's...love the Shinko Hookup

It's been dyno'd at 200hp...falls off around 10,500..but I know the tach is usually off a few %. I'm the problem...lol, I know this. Working on better launches and getting to WOT sooner...it's a monster out of the hole but I'm getting faster every week. I was just posting about the difference the Shinko made..as I was literally smoking the tire on every shift (when not using the quick shifter). Now it sticks pretty good...so I can focus on launches and better 60' times.

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

hi mate look what u can do before going to rider aids, on swb hand clutch foot shifted , oem clutch & a **** 60,1.66
spinning in 1st, 2nd, & fourth. last night 9.12 @ 158 a 1.56 get me 8,92.& used 200 hp to mph, with wheel spin .
U see u can do same thing or at least close with 200 hp.its not riding holding the thing on the 2 step or limmiter & just dumping the clutch & let the comp. & lock up clutch do it 4 u .learn the hard way the rest will be a peace of cake.my thought anyway.
Proven 8 sec road bike.

02092013162.jpg

hi quicker gixxer have u turned your shifter to gp pattern if not, do it yu will never miss a gear again ,never be of balance pulling on gear lever try it if u havent done it allready.

hi mate look what u can do before going to rider aids, on swb hand clutch foot shifted , oem clutch & a **** 60,1.66
spinning in 1st, 2nd, & fourth. last night 9.12 @ 158 a 1.56 get me 8,92.& used 200 hp to mph, with wheel spin .
U see u can do same thing or at least close with 200 hp.its not riding holding the thing on the 2 step or limmiter & just dumping the clutch & let the comp. & lock up clutch do it 4 u .learn the hard way the rest will be a peace of cake.my thought anyway.
Proven 8 sec road bike.

Thanks...that's inspiring for sure. I'd probably get faster quicker if it wasn't so damn pretty....I'm scared to death of dumping or looping it. :)

hi quicker gixxer have u turned your shifter to gp pattern if not, do it yu will never miss a gear again ,never be of balance pulling on gear lever try it if u havent done it allready.

No..haven't switched to gp, but I did lower the shifter so it just takes a little bump to shift...that made all the difference and I haven't missed a gear since.

All motor. If you could just hook a little better you would have your goal already

I agree...it hooks great now, but I'm still a little wary of 1st gear...so I need to get over that. Nothing wrong with the wheel coming up a little...but when it does I instinctively back off a little or shift early. Practice practice...

The track I go to has a photographer there every Friday shooting pics of everyone racing. I was browsing their Facebook page and came across some shots he took of me. This one is my favorite.

MAM3.jpg

How do your BST wheels improve your time?

I can't really say...the BST's were on it when I bought it. I've read that it should make a difference...but nobody agrees on how much. If nothing else, it gives me a psychological advantage....I think I must be faster, therefore I am...:laugh:

All motor. If you could just hook a little better you would have your goal already

its really not that joe if i could take off a little better which its starting to happen at last starting to do it right now, its taken this long to do what ,my mentor has been telling me to do, now i can do it ,be a matter of time. we got it on a soft tune instead of 28 degree of timing its on 16 in first till about 10.000 , with that timing need to go 8.9s average before we turn it up, its close best ive done with that timing 9.12@ 158
it spun in 3 gears 1.66 60 a 1.56 would have got me that 8 with no timing. due 4 its 1st full service now

Thanks...that's inspiring for sure. I'd probably get faster quicker if it wasn't so damn pretty....I'm scared to death of dumping or looping it. :)

Forget the bike ... I'd probably get faster if I wasn't so damn pretty. That and my allergies. (I'm allergic to pain)

its really not that joe if i could take off a little better which its starting to happen at last starting to do it right now, its taken this long to do what ,my mentor has been telling me to do, now i can do it ,be a matter of time. we got it on a soft tune instead of 28 degree of timing its on 16 in first till about 10.000 , with that timing need to go 8.9s average before we turn it up, its close best ive done with that timing 9.12@ 158
it spun in 3 gears 1.66 60 a 1.56 would have got me that 8 with no timing. due 4 its 1st full service now

What RPM do you try to launch at? I'd like to get some different opinions. I'm shooting for about 6k right now...

What RPM do you try to launch at? I'd like to get some different opinions. I'm shooting for about 6k right now...

There are multiple ways to do it. My theory is that it all comes down to how much hp you are applying vs where you are on the acceleration curve. To say it another way, you can come out at 10k and 20% throttle or you can come out at 3500 and 90% throttle and you are putting the same hp to the back wheel (just an example). The goal is to apply the maximum usable hp all the way through until the bike catches up to the speed the engine is running and you are at full throttle and the clutch is out. I've tried hi and low launch rpms and believe you can be successful with both. One advantageto the lower rpm is you can get to full throttle and clutch out sooner, just make sure you aren't there and find yourself at 3500 rpms as you won't be making the maximum usable hp. With a "stock" clutch my best results have been between 4000 and 6000 rpms as a starting rpm. Typically there is a flash higher before the clutch is fully out.

There are multiple ways to do it. My theory is that it all comes down to how much hp you are applying vs where you are on the acceleration curve. To say it another way, you can come out at 10k and 20% throttle or you can come out at 3500 and 90% throttle and you are putting the same hp to the back wheel (just an example). The goal is to apply the maximum usable hp all the way through until the bike catches up to the speed the engine is running and you are at full throttle and the clutch is out. I've tried hi and low launch rpms and believe you can be successful with both. One advantageto the lower rpm is you can get to full throttle and clutch out sooner, just make sure you aren't there and find yourself at 3500 rpms as you won't be making the maximum usable hp. With a "stock" clutch my best results have been between 4000 and 6000 rpms as a starting rpm. Typically there is a flash higher before the clutch is fully out.

That makes sense..I never thought about it that way. I think I'll try to do my best around 6k...get good at that, then experiment going higher a little at a time.

That makes sense..I never thought about it that way. I think I'll try to do my best around 6k...get good at that, then experiment going higher a little at a time.

That's a good plan. I generally favored 5500 rpms because my bike liked to settle in at that rpm. Eventually I tried leaving at 3500-4500 and get the throttle open and clutch out as fast as possible and was more consistent at achieving good 60's and 330's. I think there is something to be said for how your clutch is set up ... my best results were with a short stack height, Mobil-1 car oil, and only half the shims with my Brocks clutch mod. Depending on how your clutch is set you may have better luck one way or another. I speak in the past tense because I just got a Rock Solid clutch and am trying to get that figured out.

I'm jumping in a bit late since I haven't seen this until now, but i'll give you a breakdown of my times and SWB bike for more comparisons. Last night my best two runs in the 1/8 were 6.183 at 116 with a 1.522 sixty, 4.076 - 330'. Backed it up on the next pass with a 6.182 at 116, sixty foot was 1.513 and 330' was 4.065. Something jumped/skipped/clunked in the middle of second gear on that pass(chain maybe-haven't looked into it since I left after that), but didn't slip out or shift or anything so by doing the math it could've been a 6.16x pass.

2006 hayabusa, stock wheelbase, I weigh 189 unsuited, footshifting, stock clutch w/ welded hub, front lowered 1.25" and strapped, rear lowered (rear axle 1 inch lower than swingarm pivot), Brock's full CT exhaust, airbox mod, stock engine/cams 1299cc, geared 17/44, softened rear. Baseline dyno at 158 with stock header. Still not mapped or even baselined after I put the exhaust on. However, I HAVE played with the fueling and ignition in the ECU a few times, mainly in first gear. Staging RPMs = 4000 but probably at 5000 on the launch (have not video'd this yet to know)
Times with the stock header and 17/45 gearing were 6.24-6.26 at 117 due to strong wheelies starting at 8500-9000 with a stiffer rear. Best mph overall is 118

Forgot to mention, with the 17-45 gearing, my best 60 was 1.533 and averaged 1.55 at the same RPM.

Those are nice numbers for sure...my 60' times are killing me right now. Trying to keep the wheel down, even with a strap, is a challenge. Even with crappy 60' times I'm getting up to 118-119 mph so I know I just gotta work on better launches and shifting and I'll be right where I want to be.

Back