Finally a REAL diesel motorcycle

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I've own KLR 650's for 11 years now and they truly are the "Swiss Army Knife"
of motorcycles. I've done 1000 mile days, gone over mountain passes in the Rockies, explored the wilderness....in other words, just love the thing.
Also, I've been watching a company called HDT....they're the guys that retrofit KLR's for the Marine Corps and Army Special Forces, bigger tank, cammie, racks, etc. AND they have been developing a diesel engine for the KLR as well (many are actually in use "under the radar" by the armed forces already).
WELL, I just received an e mail from the company (I've been on a waiting list for two years) that they are finally going INTO CIVILIAN PRODUCTION.
This thing will be as fast as a gas KLR (not bad) get 105 mpg, and run on BIOFUEL! I mean like vegetable oil and stuff like that...of course regular diesel fuel as well.
It's expensive but I think that motor would last forever....the bike would be an ultimate adventure tourer.....a range of 650 miles on one tank!
I wanted to buy a BMW GS1200 Adventurer in a few years but I'm not sure now! The KLR is over $16k, wow.
Anyways, this will be fun to watch. Raydog

at1-Hero (1).jpg

turbodiesel? can you upgrade the turbo?:laugh: i can't imagine 40 psi on a bike, running on fryer oil, smelling like french fries and chicken fingers all the way.

Thank you for the information Doyle, looks like the future of great dual sports, but I will need to save some bucks to buy one of these.
Fun times ahead for sure.
Bubba

The bike gets a :thumbsup:
But the price gets a :rofl::moon::rofl:

Thanks for sharing though. Good find indeed.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm gonna look this company up.

I too am eyeing a BMW 1200-Adv in a few years, but with something like this coming along, I may have to re-evaluate.

105MPG is crazy, I could fill the tank up and commute the work everyday on 1 tank, PER MONTH!!!! And if the diesel motor is designed correctly, I think the wheel bearings would go before the motor ever would.

Good gouge, Doyle.

Off-roading in the wilderness really is a blast, isn't it?

:beerchug:

I've own KLR 650's for 11 years now and they truly are the "Swiss Army Knife"
of motorcycles. I've done 1000 mile days, gone over mountain passes in the Rockies, explored the wilderness....in other words, just love the thing.
Also, I've been watching a company called HDT....they're the guys that retrofit KLR's for the Marine Corps and Army Special Forces, bigger tank, cammie, racks, etc. AND they have been developing a diesel engine for the KLR as well (many are actually in use "under the radar" by the armed forces already).
WELL, I just received an e mail from the company (I've been on a waiting list for two years) that they are finally going INTO CIVILIAN PRODUCTION.
This thing will be as fast as a gas KLR (not bad) get 105 mpg, and run on BIOFUEL! I mean like vegetable oil and stuff like that...of course regular diesel fuel as well.
It's expensive but I think that motor would last forever....the bike would be an ultimate adventure tourer.....a range of 650 miles on one tank!
I wanted to buy a BMW GS1200 Adventurer in a few years but I'm not sure now! The KLR is over $16k, wow.
Anyways, this will be fun to watch. Raydog

There is also a dutch company that makes a very good diesel bike: daimler turbo diesel engine, continuous variable transmission (so no shifting), brembo brake parts, wp suspension, no chain!

E.V.A. Products

(You guessed it I'm dutch but I honestly think this is a very good bike)

Peter

Sure wish I could get 650 miles to a tank of gas on my 'Busa! Are you gonna pull the trigger and go ahead and get the bike?

I seee a turbo on the EVA :bowdown:

I've thought about a diesel adventure bike as well. That's great news that they're finally going to do them for us civi's. :beerchug: I wonder what the final specs will be. I hope it's not to heavy.

probably not going to pull many 100+ wheelies with that eva, and i'd like to see the lower part a bit more armored, but it looks pretty slick.

I have a 02 KLR 650 and love the thing. I've seen better than 50 miles to the gallon with it. Best bike I ever had.

Back