I got a new motorcycle! happyhappy

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
The short version...I've owned my KLR 650 for 14 years, every mod imaginable (still love it) and my CRF 250 for a year, love it too. BUT, I know a great guy that owns a big KTM shop, stopped in a couple of days ago, fell in love with a "dualsport" (actually an enduro but it does have a licence plate!) being traded in, and the owner gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. I'm selling my KLR to a friend in SoCal (Malibusa) and the CRF to Scott (Isiahstites).....that $ buys the KTM! I am an excited cowboy! Haven't taken delivery yet until the money exchange happens but boy does it feel good to sit on! It has about 1800 miles on it and comes with an unused big adventure gas tank. Rockies and Sierras, here I come....more later, pics below. Doyle

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Looks to be in Great shape! I've owned KTM's in the past and loved them. Great find! :beerchug:

Thanks guys, I got up at 4:45am on a Sunday morning because I couldn't stop thinking about the thing! (with a big tank, going over mountain passes).

Awesome Doyle! That looks like so much fun!! Congrats! :thumbsup:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Wow, around where you live that should be an adventure for sure..

Talked to the seller this morning and learned that he's throwing in the big tank, a complete set of replacement plastics, extra KTM tools, manuals and other misc. items....and he says this bike weighs 246 lbs. and does EASY power wheelstands (no clutch) in 4th gear. I talked to some KTM folks and one said, "it's the Hayabusa of dirtbikes". What am I doing here!? I was happy with the CRF 250's performance! (I am quite happy of the fact that it's an electric starter however!)

looks like fun....and exhausting...may you have many great adventures!!

What am I doing here!?

I will tell you what you are doing here, you are thanking your very good friend Stites for buying your other bike, when I am trying to get rid if all of my other bikes.

I needed another bike why?

J/K very glad to see you excited and hoping it will mean less time on the bicycle and more time in the wilderness with us exploring.

Back