I got a new motorcycle! happyhappy

We'll see Scott...only if you treat me with the respect I deserve as your elder!

I rode the little katoom yesterday, it's under powered, heavy and basically a turd..........I am not sure why Doyle is so excited about the bike.

Actually I am just yanking Doyle's chain, bike rips, handles well, feels very light and I was pleasantly surprised by the linear power delivery.

Nice bike Doyle, big KTM fan here. Are we gonna get to see that Turbo Superbusa out west this year?
Yes, three things need to happen....Scott needs to finish it, the weather needs to change and we need to put a ride together!

what year is it? I have a 03 525 sx and I love it, its a monster! just need to swap over electric start cause its a b*tch to kick when it doesn't want to start.

what year is it? I have a 03 525 sx and I love it, its a monster! just need to swap over electric start cause its a b*tch to kick when it doesn't want to start.

It's an 06 with 700 miles! (and electric start).

WOW! I just had my first backtrail experience with this KTM. I went down some elevations over fractured rock only surface, like the side of mine trailings and steep. The KTM was balanced, responsive and full of low rpm torque, Climbing REALLY steep singletrack, I didn't even have to go to 1st gear, it chugged up in 2nd with really good roll on torque, what a motorcycle! Later, I was flying across the flats (smooth jeep trail) at about 55 mph under perfect control, at that point you can crack the throttle and it explodes with acceleration! I consider it my "dirt Busa". Going home on an expressway, it's happy at 70mph.....this is a freaking racing dirtbike! But it has a license plate and lights. There is a real hard edge to Dual sport if you want to go there, riding a BMW 1200 Adventure bike on the trail is a whole different universe than what that same trail is like on a 525cc, 246 pound KTM! Now I gotta install a rear rack, Corbin seat and GPS mount. More later...Doyle

Back