Fake Gold anodized bolts

kml

Donating Member
Registered
In the spirit of the more famous posters here who often says "I got more time than money" here's my little project for this evening.

1) can of spray paint.
View attachment 1224542
2) Bolts stuck in cardboard.
View attachment 1224543
3) After several coats following the paint manufacturers recommendations.
View attachment 1224544
4) Before pic
Picture002.jpg

5) After pics
Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

looks OK for 5 bucks
laugh.gif

cheers
ken

Bleeding genius I say! I like how you punched them through the cardboard for painting. Brainiac me probably would have sat and taped each bolt, which would take forever, then painted my fingers while holding them to be painted.
poke.gif

Did that to some black bolts and added a couple coats of clear. Just haven't put them on the bike yet.

Thats my line, Ken (I got mo time than money).
cool.gif
Also, check your pm!!

Nice job there,Ken. A dollar saved, is a dollar earned.
thumb_up.gif

Damnation! I have been looking all over the place and no one (2 diff Schucks, Napa and Auto zone) carries the Gold (Duplicolor calls it Yellow) Metalcast paint around here. I did some parts in the Red the other day and they turned out amazingly nice. Did you use the Adhesion Promoter on your bolts? They also sell the MetalCast in an Orange but it looked a little over the top for what I was wanting to do. Any trick to installing the bolts after they dried?

Metalcast site

thumb_up.gif
I did the same thing. Only thing I did differently was sanded the heads slightly to give the paint something to adhere to. I also found a primer and clear-coat and did the job. Very inexpensive and actually fun to do. Didn't come up with the cardboad idea though. I actually used a piece of the block foam material. Has the same effect, but much easier to punch in place.

How well did your painted bolts hold up,Charles, I remove my body panels often for maint and project work?

Damnation! I have been looking all over the place and no one (2 diff Schucks, Napa and Auto zone) carries the Gold (Duplicolor calls it Yellow) Metalcast paint around here. I did some parts in the Red the other day and they turned out amazingly nice. Did you use the Adhesion Promoter on your bolts? They also sell the MetalCast in an Orange but it looked a little over the top for what I was wanting to do. Any trick to installing the bolts after they dried?

Metalcast site
Dayuum son, your fast!
cool.gif
Good lQQKn out on the link.
thumb_up.gif

Does anybody know where (website) I can get the QUICK Release fairing bolt kit. Like they use on the race bikes, and does anyone use them on there Busa. If so can you take a picture would like to see them on Busa fairings if possible.
Jon(Loomis).

Does anybody know where (website) I can get the QUICK Release fairing bolt kit. Like they use on the race bikes, and does anyone use them on there Busa. If so can you take a picture would like to see them on Busa fairings if possible.
Jon(Loomis).
Jester (aka Josh) is your man, just pm him or call him.

48.gif

Metalcast site
Dayuum son, your fast!  
cool.gif
Good lQQKn out on the link.
thumb_up.gif
It was fresh in my head as I got snubbed at 3 different parts stores just last night looking for the gold stuff! Nothin!
laugh.gif

Back