extra careful out there

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
mannnn, i keep thinking capt's crash gotta be a joke...but i know it is'nt, good to know he will mend.

be careful out there all, i know how SEDUCTIVE the busa can be. just yesterday i graduated from a top speed run of 130 up to my new record of 140. i did this on a road with no side streets and no possiblity of on coming traffic. dont flame me guys, this is my first sport bike.

yesterday i also did a "couple" of crossing over the double yellow line passes to overtake cars going "too slow". remember i'm not a fast rider, it's just that there were twisties coming up and i wanted to enjoy them at other than a snails pace.

last night i was down port jefferson about to leave and come home. as i was about to pull out of my parking spot i wanted to make sure i had control if this beautiful machine as i looked for oncoming traffic, that split second... SPLIT SECOND of me checking my throttle control as i looked for cars coming around the bend a car cam FLYING by. had i not waited to check myself my left leg would have been smashed by the car....maybe run over. trust me had it been a second later and i had control and looked twice even still...this "teen" would have smashed into my tail trying to look kool in front of his friends. i thanked my gaudian angel this morning.

be careful, think twice, look twice, spank her when possible, enjoy.

I Sir agree a little extra caution will save your limbs
and maybe your life but to much comfort may kill
you. Everyone be careful
beerchug.gif

Wow 140 ?

it's about time slow poke
poke.gif

Maybe one day you will be able to keep up with me
biggrin.gif

(05BusaLe @ Jul. 22 2007,09:30) Wow 140 ?

poke.gif

biggrin.gif
Was wondering how long that jab was going to take?

(Over_Easy @ Jul. 22 2007,13:16)
(05BusaLe @ Jul. 22 2007,09:30) Wow 140 ?

poke.gif

biggrin.gif
Was wondering how long that jab was going to take?
I always bring up the rear so I don't get too far ahead!
wink.gif

And as I learned the other day it wouldn't hurt to look twice or even three times for those unexpected left turners, even out of the wrong lane, even against a red light, just keep lookin because they certainly are not.

I've had 180 on the clocks on the road. 178.8 actual thru timing traps and the needle was off the clock. The needle was also off the clock at 171.5 actual. So don't believe the dials at 140.

I ride to work almost every day...89 mile round trip...I ride with the assumption that every vehicle I approach is going to do the wrong thing and do my best to be prepared for anything. Otherwise RLTW (ride like the wind)
beerchug.gif

Back