careful out there

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
i'm riding cautious as always. i see a truck ahead on the right side road looking to make a left as i approach. i see oncoming traffic does'nt really give him a spot to cross over into yet still i'm cautious, doing about 30 in a 30. the guy decides to come out just as i'm approaching. i slow down and he luckily for us doesn't panic stop. i prrrobably would've been able to stop inches from him but glad we didn't have to find out.

i see he pulls over and i pull up to him. he gets out appologizing that he didn't see me and ask if i'm ok and that he's really sorry. i wasn't pissed, i just told him to be more careful. and he sincerely asked me to be careful too. he was a nice older man who must've had me in a blind spot.

ride with caution all, have fun, but ride with caution
beerchug.gif

Everytime I jump on, I presume that all cages are trying to kill me...

Makes the ride more interesting. And I usually make it home in one piece
firedevil.gif

Happened to me quite a few times. The look of panic in their eyes kowing that they almost killed you. Most of the time they have no idea that you were there.

my mantra "I am invisible and if they can see me, they are actually out to get me" (just because I am paranoid does not mean they are not out to get me)

Had a guy in a Mercedes Look in his Mirror, Turn on his Turn Signal, then Proceed to Overtake My Lane Today.  Luckily I was Paying Attention and got out of it..... He Never Once Turned his Head to See if anyone was there. If He had I am Sure he would have Seen Me....
cursin.gif

Anticipating their mistakes, act of stupidity or their malicious intents will help you survive south florida drivers. Nice save dude
beerchug.gif
.( I am a trucker and a Biker that mistake I don't make)

Makes the ride more interesting.  And I usually make it home in one piece  
firedevil.gif
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Everytime I jump on, I presume that all cages are trying to kill me...[/quote] 100% agreed. thats the only way to ride in the most densely populated state in the country. they might as well be armed and gunning for me too. i need better tires, to duck bullets.

Makes the ride more interesting.  And I usually make it home in one piece  
firedevil.gif
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Everytime I jump on, I presume that all cages are trying to kill me...[/quote] 100% agreed. thats the only way to ride in the most densely populated state in the country. they might as well be armed and gunning for me too. i need better tires, to duck bullets.[/quote]
Dude, in Jersey, they ARE trying to kill you !! LoL

Glad you came out on top Rev !!

I agree that in NJ they do try to kill U, this is coming from a NYer who lives and $hits in NJ. And being a NYC bus driver.....ANITICIPATION is the key word!!

Around here, he would have honked and flipped me off for being an inconvenience to him! It happens all the time, even though I have the right of way. Most drivers are incapable and think a blinker gives them priority.

A couple weeks ago, I was overtaking a lady in a Jeep who had pulled onto the exit ramp, but then decided to get back on the interstate. She used her blinker and looked right at me next to her, but pulled over on me anyway before I had a chance to make room. We missed by a foot or two. She honked at me and flipped me off for not getting the "hell out of her way". I yelled back that it was her mistake and she should yield or take the exit, then get back on using the entrance ramp. Her husband in the passenger seat unbuckled and motioned for me to pull over and we would go at it. I laughed at that and took the next exit. They didn't.
argue.gif

Awesome that he apologized...seeing too much of the 'tude around here as if you're not allowed to ride a motorcycle at all
sad.gif

Glad that ended well for you
beerchug.gif

Back