Lets be careful out there...

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Got in a little ride yesterday, lots of salt still on the roads. Then, I hear this morning that there was a fatality last night right In front of my work exit; the news report says they collided when passing a car, but I have to believe the huge potholes in the same spot, in the dark, were a factor...so please riders, BE CAREFUL...we are all rusty after a long period of not riding; the cagers are out of practice seeing us, and the roads have HUGE issues...DO NOT ride at night until the road crews have had a chance to make repairs, because you can't SEE them in the dark..RIP fellow riders

Motorcyclist dies in crash after hitting pothole on Briley Pkwy - WSMV Channel 4

11046597_405584986279101_8417569878027709661_o.jpg

Our roads around here are complete garbage...the potholes from winter/freezing are absolutely horrible. The salt is everywhere.

As the temps rise, I'm hoping rains come soon to wash the salt away, and I sure hope the state has plans to spend some of our tax $ on fixing the infrastructure. Definitely not great conditions for bikes.

RIP rider :down: Incredibly sad news...

same here we had a fatality the other day a car ran a rider over.

its suicide tryn to ride around here right now. u wud disappear in the pot holes right now and only to get worse over the next month or so.

I have been out the last 2 days. Was 55 plus degrees today. Lots of salt on the roads around here as well. Wiped the bike down good when I got home just to make sure there is no salt left on the bike. Tons of sand out there too. I have been taking it easy and also being very cautious. Sure is nice to be out there again. Be safe out there boys.

RIP

In India the roads are crap 365 days of the year....every time we ride its a spot the new pot hole or speed breaker exercise ...

RIP

In India the roads are crap 365 days of the year....every time we ride its a spot the new pot hole or speed breaker exercise ...

There is a difference though. The rules at your end is: "As long as there is nothing in front of you, give it gas" :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ The road conditions looked OK there - Guess they have money for upkeep as they are saving money by not putting up
or maintaining traffic lights - that or they don't know what traffic light are for. ???

i never ride in the north east early on for 2 reasons. Potholes and salt and debris. If it has not rained hard to clear things up you ride at your own risk.

bb

And the death toll keeps climbing. Another Nashville Fatality Saturday night; then on Sunday a fatality in Clarksville, and today another one on the same road (head-on, on a divided highway?)....I'm telling you, the roads are NOT SAFE right now....

truly sad to hear.

In Montrteal, i dont take her out until mid April..

After the street sweepers have done there job....

just not worth the risk..

RIP riders! i don't know how soon the Northeast is going to get their roads fixed, it seemed like they were spending all of their money trying to keep the snow cleared this winter :banghead:

Seems anything is possible, especially when you least expect it.

Also seems that some things are not avoidable no matter what.

Back