extended swing arm pros cons?help

bigboy

Registered
my buddy rides an 09 and is thinking about extending swingarm and a 240 tire kit also.he wanted me to find out if its a bad idea or not.i told him that i thought about it before but cbanged my mind as soon as i found out it affects the handling.but i heard that just a few inches wont change it that much.but not sure about the tiire though.any thoughts guy?

Ive run both ways but as a drag racer, I like the extended swingarms. It allows you to use the power more effectively by keeping the front wheel on the ground. The con is the bike doesn't handle as well. As for the 240 rear, I never rode a Busa with one, but owned a chopper and a Triumph Rocket 3 that did. That size tire will eat HP. Just my 2 cents

I have an 08 bus with a 240 that's about 3" over. I do not have any handling problems. Can I take a corner at the same speed as before? No. But not much less either and I thinks it's more about me than it is the size if the tire. If I look at my chicken strips I'd say they were pretty good for a 240. As for any power loss....well I know there has to be some but I don't feel it. She will still come up if I want her to. I went 2up on the rear sprocket and haven't had any problems getting her going. I like the look and ride of my 240 but to each his own.

Well, ask your friend about his riding. Is he a performance nut, does he carve corners, go to the strip every week ? It's his ride. IMO the 240 looks better, I even like the 330, it fills out the Gen II butt. The 190 doesn't look bad either. As far as performance the stock set up can't be beat in the corners, well , except by the 190/55. In the 1/8 and 1/4 miles, basically straight running the stretch helps keep the front wheel grounded. When he stretches the bike he'll need to work the rear suspension too, or end up with a burn out machine.

If on the other hand he likes the look, I like the 6" over. He might want the rear tire completely beyond the rear end, 12 - 16 over :dunno:

Any change affects the handling. Heck so does tire pressure :laugh:

Back