Extended swing arms vs bolt on's?

Gen3lover

Registered
This has been discussed before but it's been a few years.
The stock placement of the rear wheel on a Gen 3 appears tucked into the rear fender. I've seen photos of a 4 inch extended rear wheel that looks much better IMO.
I don't drag race and don't mind losing a bit of cornering ability, as long as it isn't a radical change. I'm keeping the engine pretty much stock - no turbo - so this is for appearance only.

Bolt on kits are about $250, full swing arms are around $1,000. Which one are you guys running or recommending?
My gut tells me to get the full swing arm rather than the bolt on kit. The cheapskate in me is telling me to get the bolt on kit and call it a day.

Which are you using?

This has been discussed before but it's been a few years.
The stock placement of the rear wheel on a Gen 3 appears tucked into the rear fender. I've seen photos of a 4 inch extended rear wheel that looks much better IMO.
I don't drag race and don't mind losing a bit of cornering ability, as long as it isn't a radical change. I'm keeping the engine pretty much stock - no turbo - so this is for appearance only.

Bolt on kits are about $250, full swing arms are around $1,000. Which one are you guys running or recommending?
My gut tells me to get the full swing arm rather than the bolt on kit. The cheapskate in me is telling me to get the bolt on kit and call it a day.

Which are you using?
Hi. Some people have had the bolt on one brake. I for one would never buy the bolt on. I have a 12 over MacIntosh before the were sold. I also have a Penske shock with a Ti spring. Now I would only buy a swingarm from DME.

You’re in the right place. Tons of info here. I always look at it as do it right the first time. Also we like to make people spend money here don’t we @sixpack577
Fortunately, my S1000RR held together while I owned it but we all know how expensive it can get if something goes wrong with a Beemer. I'll guess and say the big Suz will not be so bad.
Thanks for the patience with my questions. I hate it when I do something new and find out later it could have been done cheaper and easier.

I removed the swing arm extensions off my gen 2. I wanted a stock wheel base. No doubt the swing arm is the better choice but I was surprised how well made the extensions were. I wouldn't have any issues using the extensions on a stock motor with a street tire.

Fortunately, my S1000RR held together while I owned it but we all know how expensive it can get if something goes wrong with a Beemer. I'll guess and say the big Suz will not be so bad.
Thanks for the patience with my questions. I hate it when I do something new and find out later it could have been done cheaper and easier.
Not to hijack your thread but I gotta ask how did you like the s1krr? I’m looking at getting a second bike and this is at the top of my list….. that’s only if Suzuki doesn’t revamp the gsxr1k for 2024.

Not to hijack your thread but I gotta ask how did you like the s1krr? I’m looking at getting a second bike and this is at the top of my list….. that’s only if Suzuki doesn’t revamp the gsxr1k for 2024.

...I guess you're getting the BMW
lol
A friend of mine has the '23 S1kR
I've only taken it for a short ride so far, but the bars are a little taller and wider than the gsxr's(I ride an '18 gsxr1k) which I find to be more comfortable.
The footpegs are adjustable.
Plus it has cruise control.
Stock vs stock the Bmw is much quicker.
I love Suzukis, but the S1kR is a better motorcycle(in some ways)...and it hurt me to type that
lol

Mine was a 2015 with a full Akra exhaust, Rapid bike tune, Luimoto seat, some carbon fiber pieces here and there, Pazzo levers, TWM gas cap and lever guards, wheel stripes, blue titanium bolts throughout, blue Puig windshield, etc.
I loved it - stupid fast, obnoxiously loud, very fun.
The acceleration was amazing and never got old.

IMG_2302.jpeg

IMG_2325.jpeg

IMG_2312.jpeg

IMG_2311.jpeg

One of my neighbors has an S1000RR M bike and it is pretty serious....but the price is pretty serious as well......
Those M bikes are pretty special, and pretty pricey.
I bought my 2015 used 2 years ago with 6,000 miles on it for $14,000. It already had the exhaust and tune. I just added the bling.
For not much more you can find a used 2022 Busa.

Those M bikes are pretty special, and pretty pricey.
I bought my 2015 used 2 years ago with 6,000 miles on it for $14,000. It already had the exhaust and tune. I just added the bling.
For not much more you can find a used 2022 Busa.
The sad part of that is, we went out for a bit of a barn burner ride last summer and I was breathing down his neck on my "el cheapo" Hayabusa....which pissed him off to no end....

Back