swingarm vs extenders

Iowadiver

Registered
I can see the visual difference between doing a new stretched swing arm and doing extenders.... but what are the other pros and cons? Stability? Strength? Oviously cost/install.... what are your thoughts?

-Matt

Depends on what kinda HP you will be using with the extensions. Also, there are some extensions that are down right cheesy!

Yeah, you gotta be carefull when it comes to the bolt on extensions. I think it is NYC Parts that in my opinion put out a decent set. They seem to be made well and should hold up. But,, if you are throwing out some serious HP, then I would definately go for the real deal!

We make the best ones around. We have em on 400 HP turbo bikes..:) they re a good alternative if you dont want to permanently mod your ride, about an hour and you can tame em off.. Plus swingarms are a bit more $$$. For dedicated Dragbikes Swingarms are the way to go..:)

A lot of people like the extensions because they can use them on the weekends, at the track. Then still be able to hit the twisty's when they want to. Best of both worlds, I guess ?

I have extensions on my Hayabusa, it's a turbo, & I don't have any problems with them. You can't beat them for the money, but not all extensions are created equally. I do plan on getting a full arm in the future, just have to save the cash! Do you research!
lurk.gif

P1060453.JPG

i am a new site sponsor here,and if anyone needs a swingarm,just hit me up..look for pics in the next few hours guys..youll be surprised on how afforbale i am!!!!

Mike's arm is an excellent choice-I have put on in excess of 500 miles on my 9" over arm that he did WITH THA WIFE IN TOW THE WHOLE TIME!
beerchug.gif
I have well over 2k miles on Mike's arm now, and the two-up ride now is IMO better than when I was at stock height/length-Amy agrees
firedevil.gif

NewBusapics_062.JPG

Extentions - easy to install & affordable. But extra weight.
Aftermarket arm - lighter & little cleaner look, air tank option. But more $$$'s

If you keep searching you can find a good deal on a whole arm. I deabted the samething for a while and ran across my arm at a steal. Spent a few bucks and had it powdercoated to match my bike. Have less in it than blocks.

PC_ARM.jpg

I apologize if this is a topic that has hit the forum time after time... but I like a fresh opinion. I'm leaning much more toward a full arm, chrome and not cutting any corners to save a buck. I'm always after a good deal, but I want a quality piece of equipment if I'm going to do it. I've never done this project, but I've done things on my last bike like sprockets, chains, tire/rim replacements myself, so I Imagine if I'm half way handy I can do this project no problem with a little time and patience.

Pointers for me from anyone who has done this mod themselves? Anyone done it yet on the 08'? What should I expect performance wise once the arm is in place? I've never riden a stretched bike, but I love the track and would like to do more of it... so that is why i'm leaning this direction. Perhaps more than actual performance I am also a rider who appreciates a great looking bike and would like to differentiate mine from everyone elses.

comments...??

i can supply you with a STRONG,good looking SOLID arm at a great price..the chrome is up to you..i could send it raw,or powdercoat it....PM or email me..i am a site sponsor here..

I've been all around the Busa sites, and EVERYBODY talks about how THRILLED they are with their "Canadian Mike" Swingarms !!!! Not to mention how GOOD they look !!!!  
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

I've been all around the Busa sites, and EVERYBODY talks about how THRILLED they are with their "Canadian Mike" Swingarms !!!! Not to mention how GOOD they look !!!!  
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif
THANKS!!! they have sold well for me,the last 3 years!!!

got a few of them in the 7 second 1/4 mile range,and put well over 500hp through them....

bowdown.gif

I have been making Bolt one extensions since 1995. STAY AWAY FROM NYC PARTS!!! Not all Bolt on extensions are made the same. The market has been flooded with cheap parts that arent made from 6061 billet. If you buy them off of Ebay you have no idea what you are getting.

I apologize if this is a topic that has hit the forum time after time... but I like a fresh opinion.  I'm leaning much more toward a full arm, chrome and not cutting any corners to save a buck.  I'm always after a good deal, but I want a quality piece of equipment if I'm going to do it.  I've never done this project, but I've done things on my last bike like sprockets, chains, tire/rim replacements myself, so I Imagine if I'm half way handy I can do this project no problem with a little time and patience.

Pointers for me from anyone who has done this mod themselves?  Anyone done it yet on the 08'?  What should I expect performance wise once the arm is in place?  I've never riden a stretched bike, but I love the track and would like to do more of it... so that is why i'm leaning this direction.  Perhaps more than actual performance I am also a rider who appreciates a great looking bike and would like to differentiate mine from everyone elses.

comments...??
I'll giv u my .02c here on arms-comin from my own opinion of whats needed, per se:

I wanted a long, low streetbike that could still turn a corner well enuf and handle my 220lbs., plus my wife and some travelin gear for out-of state rides; I also needed to make sure I had a arm that could handle doin LSRs n 1/4mi runs at the track...not to mention, I wanted something that looked HAWT!!!

I got with C. Mike back in June n he whipped up this little joint for me, and I have experienced NO issues so far other than cutting my end links to fit because I wanted the Busa lower 2"...get threaded links n you will have ZERO fitment problems, ZERO handling issues, and ZERO views of your buddies' taillights when you pull off of stoplights....unless you FEEL like letn'em get the hole shot
cool.gif

If you have any other S/A questions bro-just PM me, I'll hook u up
winkold.gif

AMYBUSApics_0301.JPG

Back