Exoticsportbike.com - black listed

Ooh Noo.....
Not this thread again!!  

Sure wish it was up on the radar before I made my order.[/QUOTE]
Just ask the membership here....OR take yer chances.

Some like them...some do not.

At least you could have made an' educated guess.

Same with any company. Folks are always in such a hurry.They get excited,they listen to promises,which may or may not come true.
Try the board sponsors.If they fug up,we'll here about it,and may be able to help.
This company seems to be A+ / D- all at the same time time.

Next time....ask yer bruva's an' sista's here on the Org.

RSD.

Just ask the membership here....OR take yer chances.

Some like them...some do not.

At least you could have made an' educated guess.

Same with any company. Folks are always in such a hurry.They get excited,they listen to promises,which may or may not come true.
Try the board sponsors.If they fug up,we'll here about it,and may be able to help.
This company seems to be A+ / D- all at the same time time.

Next time....ask yer bruva's an' sista's here on the Org.

RSD.[/QUOTE]

Sorry RSD... I asked the question back on May 4th.

Not one reply....... didn't think anyone cared so I took my chances.... maybe I should have asked in a different forum.

Probably should have asked in the General section.... seems to get more replies than any of the others.

Not even to mention $25. shipping for a 2 pound box. That runs the price back up a bit. And, there wasn't anything "oversized" about it. That's just outright B.S.
But on the bright side, the color was almost a near match, just lacked a few shades. But, when it's really, really, dark, hey, It looks terrific. What really holds it together though, are all the extra push pins that weren't included. Oh yeah, don't forget all the flickering lights.  But, I love my new undertail, and what a great company to do business with.
Can't really say a whole lot that was bad about Exoticsportbike, but I've only dealt with them once. And that was for the undertail group buy. The service I got was exceptional, but I really didn't appreciate the fact that when I was specific that I wanted a "primered" undertail, they go and send me a painted one. Would have made the job easier on my painter. Besides that, the shipping time was fine.

I still havent gotten my "free upgrade" stainless steel plate bracket from the group buy for my undertail...
rock.gif

Probably should have asked in the General section.... [/QUOTE]
Yup,this is the first place I visit,and if I seen it,I would have given you a logical alternative.....
wink.gif

I too got burnt by them around Christmas. I bought the ol' lady a pipe for her Daytona 600. Over 2 weeks before Christmas. Sales rep or whatever says, oh yeah it will be there no prob. Needless to say guess who opened their Christmas gift a week after Christmas.:angry:

Although I have to side with RSD on the logistics and business decision, threads like this will save headaches in the future.

It sucks that you did seek advice and got no responses.

Just a quick update... my undertail came in today. Sweet.
My hugger is still on order and hasn't arrived yet, just checked status and it hasn't change since the 8th of May. But at least the tail is here.... did I say Sweet?
cool.gif

Plan on doing the install tomorrow. I've read through the install several times

I also plan on just removing the two screws on the tail lock assembly instead of just unhooking the cable.

I'll update the thread again when the hugger gets in. Plan on taking lots of pics, before, during and after and post in a new thread.

Just in time for Rolling Thunder.
cool.gif

The only thing that was a little disappointing was the lenses. The picture posted on the site shows red lenses for the brake lights and amber lenses for the turn signals.

What arrived was clear lenses all the way around. They did supply some red brake light lenses which I can swap out… but no amber lenses for the turn signals, so I’m stuck with clear.

Also, it came with a license plat bracket, and four weird metal push pins with washers, but no hardware to actually mount the plate bracket. And of course, no instructions. Thank goodness for guys like Chris who take time to develop awesome walk throughs.

cool.gif

Oh yeah, don't forget all the flickering lights.  But, I love my new undertail, and what a great company to do business with.
Diver: If you're having an issue with your lights flickering I had the same problem and here's the fix:

Take hold of the 3 wires connected into the LED. Pull them "like a bra strap" and let them go. You'll here the snap... and they'll be perfect!

As promised - just an update. My hugger finally came in today, so my order is finally complete from

I placed the order on 08 May, promised delivery time was 6 - 10 days, actual delivery time 1 month exactly.

Needless to say I won't be using them again.

However - the undertail looks sweet and I'm sure the hugger will too once on. I'll probably get around to installing it this weekend, so I'll make sure I'll post some picks.

BTW - We got al-Zarqawi - Thank you U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Marines, DoD Civilians and DoD Contractors - (especially for ya'll downrange) WAY TO GO. I'll be drinking one for you tonight.
cool.gif

Cheers

Back