Ridegear.com, Terrible company, story inside.

tonmarchelli

Registered
Ok, i bought an Alipinestars jacket from them over 3 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything about it. finally they email me yesterday and tell me it is on back order and wont ship for another 1-2 weeks. I reply and ask if there is anything that can be done to speed things up. somehow their inter-company emails got routed back to me, here is what they said. verbatim

customer service: "Aaaaaah! What do you think I should tell this greedy dude?? That I will give him a blow job for his patience?"

Manager:"You can offer him a tee/hat/ some thing we have in the warehouse that we can send him today to shut him up."

This is absolutely unacceptable. i sent them a very nasty email back demanding my money back. I will be reporting them to the BBB and warning all of you to stay away from them. Terrible business sense. Terrible company.

once again AVOID RIDEGEAR.COM at all costs.

I am going to try to get a hold of the higher ups there to report this so if anybody knows how to get past the customer service smokescreens i would appreciate it.

*rant over*

Sorry for you bad experience. I've seen several reports of satisfied customers here on the board.

However, the corespondence you received is unacceptable by any business standards.

OMG, are you kidding me. Wait a minute, what does she look like?
Sorry, I cant believe they type like that to each other at work.

Here is the deal...... If they talk like that behind the scenes about their customers then that tells you attitude that they carry about their customers. I would be open to having you post the email with most of the header information here on the board. Feel free to let them know that there are thousands of people here looking at it and what their attitude has just done for the business. Whatever anyone says there is strength in numbers and for something like this I think that a company that markets to the sportbike community should explain an email with such disregard for the customer base....

While your at it see if you can get my money from them when we sold their product here on the site
cool.gif

cap

Sound like bad buisiness to me, I would cancel the order and get my money back. Were you already charged ? And wasnt there more posts a few moments ago?

I placed an order for a balaclava with Ride Gear last month.

Never got it, they would not answer the phones or email (at least you got something).

I called my credit card company and reported it as fraud and got the charges credited back to me.

Your right about them!

After my nasty emails they refunded the money i sent them back to my paypal account so now i am just out the time and stress of this entire process. I want to go after these guys but i can get get a hold of anybody there.

there were more posts on this thread but the original thread was deleted because i am a potty mouth.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
because i am a potty mouth[/quote]

That line makes me laugh

Get this...I went to pick up the cremated remains of a friend of mine, with his daughter.

They were several hours behind. The daughter had a flight. I lit up.

'Customer agent dude' goes down the hall to an office and I'm trailing him by about 10 feet. He starts talking to 'colleague-dude'...saying...and I quote...."...there's this a$$hole out front who won't shut up about his friends ashes.

At which time, I simply interjected: 'excuse me, but I'm sure I just heard you call me an a$$hole'.

He wheeled around to look at me, mortified (pardon the pun) that I had overheard him.

Well, I went off.

Anyway, after I got through, my dear deceased friend's family did not pay one red cent for the service, nor the cremation, nor the final resting box...nothing.

Moral of the story: don't let it go. You are in the 'driver's seat' here.
beerchug.gif

Sorry to hear all this; I bought a few things from them some time ago without incident, but since then I've purchased from Iron Pony Motorsports (in Ohio) and Cycle Gear (new to the East Coast). The one benefit of Cycle Gear is that they actually have stores where you can try on the stuff.

Why not see if a Board sponsor can get you what you're looking for?
thumb_up.gif

Here is the deal...... If they talk like that behind the scenes about their customers then that tells you attitude that they carry about their customers. I would be open to having you post the email with most of the header information here on the board. Feel free to let them know that there are thousands of people here looking at it and what their attitude has just done for the business. Whatever anyone says there is strength in numbers and for something like this I think that a company that markets to the sportbike community should explain an email with such disregard for the customer base....

While your at it see if you can get my money from them when we sold their product here on the site
cool.gif

cap
+1 on email with headers

Wow, sure seems the owner is far detached from the business or out of control of the staff... This ought to be good.. I would expect nothing less than a direct reply from the owner...

lurk.gif

Who deleted my reply and why?
A couple of things...

1. Things aren't always what they seem
2. If you would read the thread the post before yours states
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
there were more posts on this thread but the original thread was deleted because i am a potty mouth[/quote]
3. How about that simple courtesy now... I noticed you edited your post....
4. The original thread by tonmarchelli was moved for content so this is a different thread....

Cap

Who deleted my reply and why?
Simple courtesy is lacking in more places than one would expect...
Your reply was not deleted from this thread. Your reply was in a different thread.

The thread was pulled because the topic name and original post contained a bit more language than is allowed. Tonmarchelli was asked to clean it up a bit and repost it, which he did in this thread.

cool.gif

cap
As Cap stated...they even screwed him...and he's VERY careful about what he says concerning topics like this. If you do a search on them you'll see they suck BIGTIME. Best case scenario would be to see them die an ugly bankrupt death. But at least if we can help to put them in their grave thats a nice start. And btw RideGear I'm going to badmouth you every chance I get, on every board and every ride group I'm involved in (which are ALOT  
winkold.gif

thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif
) Wishing you the worst  
laugh.gif

thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

Good luck with that. I have an order with them that I haven't received yet either. Don't waste your time with the BBB, because Ridegear obviusly doesn't care about their rating.

Charge it back to your credit card. Even if they send it, keep it anyways. Your credit card company will still credit you.

F*ck Ridegear, they will go out of business.

What company honestly thinks they can get away with this in the internet forum age??

Back