Exoticsportbike.com - black listed

a mototek undertail as part of the group buy.... they could care less though ... they just plain ole suc
mad.gif

Customer service is much more encompassing than just on time delivery.

First, Exotic was very polite on the phone orders. I even have many comments about how smooth the order went and nice Rob was. That is part of customer service and this part is very important to me. When calling around for a group buy, some vendors kind of rushed me. I felt so comfortable with Exotic. They answered all my questions up front and even when i had to call back for some of the members. A+ for politeness and courtesy.

How about returns. ZukRacer you said you to cancel your order. Bam it was done. no questions. you got a full refund and no questions about why or please dont cancel. that was it.. Thats all a plus for customer service.

How about timely delivery. Well About half the orders were delivered as promised, on time. I have the proof. What about you ZukRacer, yes are the only member who did not get their Undertail. Personally, i would not say this to you as as a customer service rep, rather, say something like "sorry for the long delay, how about we knock of 50 bucks for your time.. can you wait two more weeks. (and of course they need to verify the two week thing, even if they had to ship express and cover the cost themselves)
For me, i would think most members would of liked some refund even it is just 25 to 30 buck for the delay, rather than some gift. But thats their business and they know more about what they can and can not do. They could improve their customer relation on contacting people when orders are delayed. Here i agree with you ZukRAcer, they need to improve. But just saying they have terrible customer service is inaccurate. Some things are good and some are bad. They need to improve their shipping date accuracy.

I think its is a good idea to start a vendor list somewhere on the org.

How about price? The best i could i get. Next vendor, though recommended by Warputer, was $35 more than Exotic. When i was asking who would be interested, most said if the price is right. Yes some did say if we can get it quickly.. most most wanted the cheapest price. So that is why i choose exotic.

Would i do business with them again? If time of delivery is not a big factor, yes.

Thanks.

OK RSD time to start a blacklist  .. Guess whos #1  
rock.gif
The Org with me as an' admin,won't ever take a stand like that. Sorry.

If members choose to slam a company thats their business,the Org will never (at least I won't) set us up for an internet keyboard fight with some upset company.

The opinions expressed here on the boards are the thoughts and feelingsof the members,and have little or nothing to do with The Org as a whole.

My advice for future reference...try and deal with YOUR board sponsors. Their only function is to provide goods and services for YOU folks. The Org receives some funding for running the banners etc but The Captain doesn't need parts,me either,he gathers sponsorship to help board members.

The Captain works hard at getting sponsors so that the board members can get good prices and service. I've tried as well to bring on extra sponsorship,its not easy or fun.Take advantage of the Cap's hard work.

My advice..."Look to the in-laws, before trying to deal with the Outlaws".

have a good day people....RSD.

My advice..."Look to the in-laws, before trying to deal with the Outlaws".
[/QUOTE]
I like that saying!
beerchug.gif

Look Kattan I wasnt bashing you or the group buy, simply stating that exotic can kiss my entire a$$ and that in my opinion no one should bother giving them business.  What does my opinion matter... who knows but I can tell you if I had heard others complaints and realized it was the same company I would not have been part of the group buy.

As for total experience, yes that matters but I could give one rat's anus if they can take my money politely and then offer BS or NO explanation as to where the product is.  They have a serious issue with after the sale support, they know it too... they do not have a phone number for customer service, nor can you get one from them.  Obviously the sales dudes "call" the custoemr service people, so why the freak can't I?
rock.gif
 Bad business practices by shady businesses.

I have pushed for a forum standard and continue to do so for group buys.  This standard would require the oganizer at least contact the site vendors.  I know you said you did that, but then to have one come over the top and beat  your group buy price, well ok great timing isnt always great for that.  No one is faulting you or saying anything negative about how you ran the group buy, I think you did a good job.  I think the choice of company was probably bad given the history the membership has here with them.  For me, in my world, one pissed off customer is bad and I work for a fortune 20 company.  I am certainly a pissed off customer and when they had a chance to make this right, the answer I got was, well you can wait or cancel.  So I cancelled... .and I'm here to at least advise members of a reason NOT to buy from them ever again.

Devils advocate time... sure.... if I had gone through a site partner/vendor and the same issue arose for me... if they provided me with the information as to status and a better time frame than "next week" maybe I'd be a little more understanding.  Dont get me wrong I'd blast their a$$es too if the experience was the same as this.

Flame on if you wish, I'm done with the exotic idiots
mad.gif

And RSD, we should have a list of places that have burned members.  The org doesnt have to sponsor it but they sure as hell should look out for the members to make sure stupid stuff like this doesnt happen unnecessarily.  Everyone here is an adult, they can take the "advice" as they see fit and make their own decisions.  I for one would have stayed clear of this company had I known that other members got burned.... I mean come on 9wks for a windscreen
rock.gif
 Hell they could have bought it from the dealer to fill that order
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|zukracer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143664919 -->

rock.gif

mad.gif

And RSD, we should have a list of places that have burned members.  The org doesnt have to sponsor it but they sure as hell should look out for the members to make sure stupid stuff like this doesnt happen unnecessarily.  Everyone here is an adult, they can take the "advice" as they see fit and make their own decisions.  I for one would have stayed clear of this company had I known that other members got burned.... I mean come on 9wks for a windscreen
rock.gif
 Hell they could have bought it from the dealer to fill that order
mad.gif
Too many logistics Zook.
What happens when one of the "not so mature" members has a run in with a company and wants to stain them here out of spite?

What happens when companies see that Hayabusa.Org provides a list of businesses that maybe one or two folks have had a problem with,and yet they have thousands of satisfied customers.

Who's gonna do all the research and investigations to back up a members story that a business was bad to them?Or do we just take anybody's and everybody's word and bash away? I have no interest in that kind of work,The Captain values his time as well,I wont speak for him,I'm just guessing.

It will put the Org in a position of backing members when all we have to go on is the members side of the story.I'm not saying you didn't get goofed over here,don't take this personally its just something that I feel our Organization should not become involed in. If folks were to purchase from board sponsors and those deals went sour,then forsure the Captain would have every right to give up on them as sponsors.

As far as a forum for bashing companies,or permanant stickies,I won't do it.

Feel free to overide my decission and voice your concerns with the Captain personally(all members are welcome to do that at anytime) but for now....it just sounds like a giant nightmare.

It has tones of "Smack Shack" written all over it.

example: "This comapany ripped me off".
"Well I always got great service".
"Well then you got lucky".
"Everyone I know got good deals".
"Well I didn't"
"Well maybe thats cause yer a jerk"

"My cousins nephew works for that company"
"Well then yer cousin ripped me off"
"Blah blah blah"

Too many opinions Zook. Thats my stand for now. Too complex an' issue.

RSD.

Another "Easy fix" for folks.

"HI RSD here. I'm thinking about buying some lube from this company called Ben Dover's Lube & Oil.  Can anybody tell me if they are good or bad?"

answer:

"Hi Rubb,this is BigBubbaBusaBastid. I couldn't walk for a month after trying their products. Junk in my opinion".

easy fix.....
laugh.gif

Disclaimer:  No offense intended Zook.
                 No offense to people of an' alternative lifestyle.
                No offence to Mr. Ben Dover.

"No cheap silicone was used in the making of this thread".

<!--EDIT|rubbersidedown
Reason for Edit: "add disclaimer"|1143666975 -->

I'll Never deal with them again. Sure they were polite when the order was placed..........That's because the new they were about to get $6,300.00+ from us all in one shot.
Once they couldn't meet the demand they weren't so accomodating to a lot of our board members.

Unfortunately i've always been one who had to learn from my mistakes..............Even though I did receive my undertail it was a mistake.

Not even to mention $25. shipping for a 2 pound box. That runs the price back up a bit. And, there wasn't anything "oversized" about it. That's just outright B.S.
But on the bright side, the color was almost a near match, just lacked a few shades. But, when it's really, really, dark, hey, It looks terrific. What really holds it together though, are all the extra push pins that weren't included. Oh yeah, don't forget all the flickering lights. But, I love my new undertail, and what a great company to do business with.

Not even to mention $25. shipping for a 2 pound box. That runs the price back up a bit. And, there wasn't anything "oversized" about it. That's just outright B.S.
But on the bright side, the color was almost a near match, just lacked a few shades. But, when it's really, really, dark, hey, It looks terrific. What really holds it together though, are all the extra push pins that weren't included. Oh yeah, don't forget all the flickering lights.  But, I love my new undertail, and what a great company to do business with.
Now if I could write like that.....

I could give up my day job.....

Wait a sec....I dont have a day job....hahahahahaa.

But on the bright side, the color was almost a near match, just lacked a few shades. But, when it's really, really, dark, hey, It looks terrific. What really holds it together though, are all the extra push pins that weren't included. Oh yeah, don't forget all the flickering lights.  But, I love my new undertail, and what a great company to do business with.
LOL
ices_rofl.gif
I couldn't have said it better myself. My lights wouldn't even stay on. They flat out lied to me. That is why I'm upset. They have been telling me for 2 weeks my tail shipped but can't provide a tracking number. The only way it would take 2 weeks to ship is if it were Exotic Shipping Co.

Why-o-why didn’t I do a search for Exoticsportbike.com before I placed my order.

Placed order on the 8th of May for a “Top Gun†Undertail and Hugger.

Company promised 6 – 10 day delivery, also sent email stating same thing.

Check Exoticsportbike.com order status of order on the 15th – both items say In-Process
“Order Status
Your item will be pulled from our warehouse, prepared for packaging and then sent to our sorting facility. Your order will then be on its way to the carrier’s regional distribution center. The typical duration of this stage is 1-6 business days. Your tracking number may not be available until your shipment arrives at the carrier's regional center. Your tracking number will be emailed to you upon arriving at the regional center. Most orders take 5-10 business days for delivery. “

Check Exoticsportbike.com order status on the 19th – same message. Both items are In-Process
Contact Exoticsportbike.com Customer Service on the 19th and was told that both items have an ETA of the 22nd of May.

Check Exoticsportbike.com order status on the 22nd of May – same message Both items are In-Process
Contact Exoticsportbike.com Customer service on the 22nd and they say that my items have been shipped and I should receive an email during the evening containing shipping numbers.
Check email for shipping numbers – surprise surprise – no email from Exoticsportbike.com.

Checked Exoticsportbike.com order status on the 24th of May – same message Both items are In-Process
Contact Exoticsportbike.com Customer Service again – they give me a tracking number for UPS and then follow up with an email.

I check UPS about 1330 and the UPS message reads – there is no such tracking number, please check back (paraphrased) and it gives me the proper template for a UPS tracking number.

I check UPS again about 1600 and the UPS message has changed to -
“UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.â€
It also says that the weight is only 1lb.

Check Exoticsportbike.com order status again on the 24th and the message has changed for one of my items
“Your order has been shipped out. Your tracking number is (xxxxxxxxx) and it was shipped via UPS. You can check online at www.ups.com to get detailed tracking information. If you receive a notification that says Unable to Track Shipment don’t be concerned that is perfectly normal. Sometimes there is a delay in the time it takes the UPS database to update the information we send them, if you try again tomorrow you should be able to track it.
The other item status hasn’t changed – status is In-Process
Contact Exoticsportbike.com customer again and ask them about the other item – they say there is a note by it saying the wrong item was shipped and the correct one should arrive by the end of the week.
I also ask, if the item was shipped on the 22nd – why doesn’t the UPS tracking system reflect that – answer “there database isn’t that fast and is usually behind what’s going on, and that I should wait till tomorrow and try the UPS tracking number againâ€.
Wow… like this is the first time I’m getting a package through UPS. In my experience, UPS is very on top of things and their tracking status is up-to-the-hour if not up-to-the-minute data.
So right now…
Exoticsportbike.com says they shipped one item and one is due to arrive at the end of the week.
UPS says it has received an electronic payment – but no package.
And I was promised both by email and Customer Service a 6 – 10 day delivery time (22nd of May) by the latest.
Why-o-why didn’t I do a search for Exoticsportbike.com before I placed my order.

Not that I would advocate DNS poisoning, Man in the Middle, or any type of DOS but provide the following for informational purposes only:

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.PARTSINFINITY.COM
NS2.PARTSINFINITY.COM

Answers to: 68.167.130.106

ExoticSportbike.com is:
Registrant:
The Street Club

135 Linden Avenue
Elmwood Park, New Jersey 07407
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: EXOTICSPORTBIKE.COM
Created on: 14-Jan-01
Expires on: 14-Jan-16
Last Updated on: 16-Mar-06

Administrative Contact:
Club, Street thestreetclub@zafina.com
The Street Club
135 Linden Avenue
United States

Technical Contact:
Club, Street thestreetclub@zafina.com
The Street Club
135 Linden Avenue
United States

Sorry about that LC.  My experience was mixed.

I ordered from them 5 years ago (undertail) and I had no complaints.

I ordered from them in March (undertail and xenon bulbs) and my bulbs took a month to get to me.  They weren't on backorder either.  My undertail was to me in 7 days.

You'll get your product(s).  It'll just take forever.

Back