Stay away from Widder Heated Gear!!!!!!!&#

steelhead

Registered
Widder is shutting down and they just don't seem to be the same anymore.

I am a year round rider who drives in below freezing weather, so heated equipment is essential.

My WIDDER failed 3 months after its 1 year warranty. Yes, and since the Widder company is closing down, product support is horrible. They don't take care of their customers anymore. They will leave you shivering in the cold with their broken product and they simply do not make an effort to take care of their customers. After the death of their founder recently, this business is just a shadow of its former greatness.

All warranty repairs will end by Dec 31 2008, but the business quality is already garbage.

Rant off.
firedevil.gif

if the performance of my Tourmaster Synergy heated vest is any indication (it's GREAT!!) both widder and gerbing are about to be replaced at the front of the heated gear market

Widder gear is generally ok, but now that the company is closing down - should your gear break down - forget about Widder staff who take care of their customers. Their founder is dead and if there are any great people left, I haven't met them. They're cynical bean-counters now...

I am getting ready for a 4000 km winter trip and I told Pat @ Widder that I was traveling cross-country soon and I was afraid I couldn't get my vest repaired and delivered in time, but they just didn't want to make the extra effort. Pat, over there, claims that most Widder customers break the vests (dog chewed on it, sewed a patch on it...)...even though I have emphasized the fact that nothing of the sort has taken place.

I bet if Widder were alive, things would be different.

firedevil.gif

Good looking out for the rest of us.... Sorry to hear about your situation!
Seems customer service is a dying breed for some companies.

Back