Ever hit a dog?

Let's see, the only experences I had was getting hit in the visor by a big ass bug. Covered half the visor, couldn't see....had to pull over and clean it off.

Oh yeah, one more. Also hit a squirrel, but it was already roadkill. Does that count?
rock.gif

fireskull.gif

I've never hit a dog before, but I had a dog hit me one time. REALLY! I was riding an old Honda 750 of mine down a city street about 30-35 mph when this dog came running out of a yard to chase me. I accelerated and he was running so fast he couldn't stop when he got to the bike. He hit the back tire, yelped, and ran away. The bike jerked a little, but no damage. I actaully had to pull over down the street because I was laughing so hard.
biggrin.gif

THE OTHER DAY I WENT FOR A RIDE, I WAS CROSSING A BRIDGE AND A GARBAGE TRUCK WAS UP AHEAD ON THE RIGHT, AS I GOT CLOSE A GARBAGE BAG (FUUL SIZE) EMPTY CAME OUT AND WENT RIGHT BY MY HEAD. IF THAT WOULD HAVE HIT THE HELMET I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SEE AT ALL AT 75MPH BECAUSE IT WOULD HAVE RAPPED RIGHT AROUND THE HELMET WITH ME MOVING AT 75MPH! SCARY THOUGHT!

it's not the dogs, around here its the god damn cats. How come they seem to jump in front of me when I'm riding the bike but not the car?

I heard that the hayabusa's headlights actually attract certain types of animals. They did a study in a European Motorcycle Magazine with... no I'm just bullsh*ttin, it's just bad luck, LOLOLOL

Mike

I happened to be following a pickup truck pulling an open-air trailer in Arkansas once, and he had some one-foot long steel rods about an inch in diameter laying loose on the trailer. He was at least 10 car lengths in front of me, thank god. He hit a bump or seam in the road, and those steel rods rolled off the trailer right onto the interstate. I was pretty lucky, they rolled off to the left and I simply went around them on the right, but there are maroons out there that don't tie stuff down on their trucks! watch out!

hell yea BUSABEN, I always scan the road in front of me for idiots carrying sh*t not strapped down. Just today, on I-275 North, going from St Petersburg to Tampa, about 10 cars in front of me a old pickup truck carrying those 55 gallon stell drums dropped 2 out of the back, and casued a MAJOR pileup, people swerving and slamming into each other, luckily the car behind me slowed down enough for me not to get hit from behind.

ALWAYS ALWAYS check the trucks in front of you. My rule is this, if it looks like it might fall out, it will fall out, and I'll either drop back or haul ass by. It's amazing how much road debris there is out there. I know a guy in ft lauderdale who was hauling ass on I-95 and hit a car battery at about 110mph. He was fine, thanks to his leathers, but he spent 2 nights in the hospital. Scary sh*t, watch those roads guys!

Mike

I HAVE HIT A FEW ANIMALS MYSELF,DOGS I HAVE DISCOVERED THINK THEY ARE RELATED TO NFL SAFETIES AND CORNERS.IF YOU TURN TOWARDS THEM AS YOU APPROACH AND THEN VEER AWAY IT THROWS OFF THEIR ANGLE OF PURSUIT.
UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO HIT THEM THEN YOU WOULD VEER AWAY AT FIRST THEN BACK TOWARDS THEM.
I SEEM TO HAVE AN AFFINITY TOWARDS ALUMINUM LADDERS.EVERY FEW MONTHES I COME UPON ONE ON THE INTERSTATE.USUALLY DURING RUSH HOUR.DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF THE LADDER THINGS CAN GET WEIRD REAL QUICK.

Ladders and road gators! Have you seen those tractor trailer tires come apart at 80 mph? If you're riding a bike and trying to dodge those huge chunks of tractor-trailer tire, it can make for an exciting day too! Another reason not to get too close to the big-rigs.

Dodged a few.. ran over a few already dead possums.. luckily *knocks on wood* never anything big... That battery on the interstate sounds flatly terrifying though.

Dodged a few.. ran over a few already dead possums.. luckily *knocks on wood* never anything big...    That battery on the interstate sounds flatly terrifying though.
Hmmm, I wonder if those were possums at all...Seems to me they could have been "Raiders"...
jump9.gif

I forgot I hit another dog...This was back in the day...I got drunk and woke up, scared the @#!$ out of me...I expected her to start barking at anytime "Woof, Woof"!!!!We all make misstakes...  
smile.gif
I cannot with hold the truth any longer...That is not the only dog I've hit...See this one time at band camp...I hit this dog that had the appearance of a bull mastiff built like one to...So now I confess...And in keeping it real you guys have hit more dogs than you give yourselves credit...
smile.gif

jump9.gif

smile.gif

2 AND 1/2 YEARS AGO I WAS STREET RACING THIS A GUY. 1/4 MILE IN A BUSINESS DISTRICT WHAREHOUSES AND SUCH. NO TRAFFIC AFTER DARK. WE GET TOWARD THE END OF THE 1/4 AND I LOOK OVER TO SEE HOW FAR AHEAD OF HIM I'AM, AND WHEN I LOOK UP AGAIN THERE IS 2 DOGS RUNNING ACROSS THE STREET IN FRONT OF US. WE BOTH NAIL THE BRAKES HARD, SO HARD MY FRONT TIRE LOCKED UP AND THREW THE BACK TIRE ABOUT A FOOT IN THE AIR.

I LET OFF THE BRAKE AND SLIGHTLY VEERED AND WENT RIGHT IN BETWEEN THE TWO DOGS HITTING ONE IN THE A$$ WITH MY LEFT FOOT AND THE OTHER IN THE HEAD WITH MY RIGHT FOOT. I WAS DOING ABOUT 130 WHEN I HIT THE BRAKES AND MAYBE 80 OR 90 WHEN I HIT THE DOGS.

I THOUGHT IT TORE MY FOOT RIGHT OFF MY LEG BUT I LOOKED DOWN AND IT WAS ATTACHED. WHEN I CAME TO A STOP I TURNED AROUND AND FOUND BOTH DOGS DEAD.

I STREET RACED TWICE SINCE THEN (GRUDGE MATCHES) NOW GO TO THE TRACK ONLY, ISN'T WORTH THE RISK..

i hit a raccoon at about 110 once and a couple squirels over the years.

2 birds on my moped and one squirel on the moped

I heard that the hayabusa's headlights actually attract certain types of animals. They did a study in a European Motorcycle Magazine with... no I'm just bullsh*ttin, it's just bad luck, LOLOLOL

Mike
I have noticed that I hit fewer bugs with the Busa than I did with my Ducati. When I went to my in-laws, the bike, jacket and helmet were all dirty. With the Busa, I hit much fewer bugs... Amazing, but true. Only a coincidence? Maybe...

Back