Ever been stopped by plain car for speeding?

thats it.
i cant find anybody who even WANTS to try it.
ive done it on busa, gixr 1k, and even old zx600

If the police in Oklahoma are now riding 'busa's, I guess we have to be suspect of almost any vehicle on the road!!!

...one says "federal customs agents" and asks me whats the hurry. says he has the right to search my bike for illegal contraband. ..
Nope, not a ounce of authority, unless they can say that somehow someway, you're speeding was a customs matter, or you were near the Mexico or Canada border, or you were at the international portion of a airport.

These guys were obviously just being d*cks just cause they had a badge.  They can of coarse, they could've called it in to a state trooper or CHP.  But they were well OUT of their jurisdiction to even pull you over.  IN fact, if you got their license plate or badge number, you can file a complaint now with your local authorities now and the Customs office and THEY will get written up.

Case and point, back in college, I knew this lady that was student too, but worked as a dispatch for the Housing Authority, full-fledge cops.  She told me how some of these gun-ho badgers on several occasion went outside of the parameter of the housing projects, got into some incidents with some "suspects", but in the end, the cops got in trouble, one was even fired.

At this rate, we'll soon be pulled over on the freeway by anyone with a K-Mart security badge.

<!--EDIT|eynlai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153967234 -->

va is very sneaky, there are a few low key street racing scenes that the state boys show up to in ford Lightinings, Cobras, Chevy SS's, Rice Eaters and anything else they can find.

wasnt pulled over but saw 2 SS camaros both state troopers. both all black. white lettering on qtr panel. they r getting sneaky

As for the custom guys,
They are FEDERAL agents That means anywhere the Federal Govt. has an intrest.
Like mabe a FEDERAL INTERSTATE?

yea i wasnt gonna argue with em, besides i was clean, and i knew they'd call a cop that could search me

...one says "federal customs agents" and asks me whats the hurry. says he has the right to search my bike for illegal contraband. ..
Nope, not a ounce of authority, unless they can say that somehow someway, you're speeding was a customs matter, or you were near the Mexico or Canada border, or you were at the international portion of a airport.

These guys were obviously just being d*cks just cause they had a badge.  They can of coarse, they could've called it in to a state trooper or CHP.  But they were well OUT of their jurisdiction to even pull you over.  IN fact, if you got their license plate or badge number, you can file a complaint now with your local authorities now and the Customs office and THEY will get written up.

Case and point, back in college, I knew this lady that was student too, but worked as a dispatch for the Housing Authority, full-fledge cops.  She told me how some of these gun-ho badgers on several occasion went outside of the parameter of the housing projects, got into some incidents with some "suspects", but in the end, the cops got in trouble, one was even fired.

At this rate, we'll soon be pulled over on the freeway by anyone with a K-Mart security badge.
the whole thing was over so fast it was almost like a joke.
soon as i said i had a carry permit i was on my way

Last week going to bike night in Springfield, just got off highway and did a little wheelie, set her down and out of nowhere a uniform cop gets out of a blue taurus.
Middle of the street with one hand out to stop and the other hand was on his gun
tounge.gif

59 in a 35
sad.gif

I used to drive an unmarked Impala. I had a burgundy one and later a Gold one. My Crown Vics were Green, White, Gold

va is very sneaky, there are a few low key street racing scenes that the state boys show up to in ford Lightinings, Cobras, Chevy SS's, Rice Eaters and anything else they can find.
Very true.
I heard (from my Suzi Salesman, known for years) Sportbikes are being targeted also. An officer will ride with a group, posing, and filming every stunt. Then bamo - roadblock!
rock.gif

We have all kinds of unmarked traffic cruisers here in the Seattle area. So far I've seen mostly large suv's, but once I did see a White Volvo sedan pull somebody over with lights flashing. As I understand it they are mostly looking for road ragers. I'm sure if you rip by one they'll pull you over.

Well it turns out it against the law to be riding a motorcycle with no hands?
rock.gif
I said I wasnt aware of it. He let me off with a warning.
yea but do you do the NO HANDED STOP?
i did a poll here, and only one other can than me does!
Neutral .....coast to stop , using rear brake ?
All the time.. Piece of cake and not even scary. Heck I downshift with no hands... Clamping legs onto tank. Full stop; left then right foot down.
No unmarked cars for me.
Hell I don't even stop for marked police around here. Thing is that some time ago a pair of "impersonators" stopped a Norwegian peacekeeper and rolled him, beat him up and left him for dead naked tied to a tree. Interestingly enough, the real police miraculously happened to find him not thirty minutes later. This, even though he was twenty meters off the highway at night behind dense vegetation.

pulled over once by a detective or something. no uniform, no marking of any kind other than a badge and a blue strobe on the lf sunvisor that he flipped down.

didn't write me up, just ran my license and told me slow down.

I figured he wasn't a traffic cop or have any of the required paperwork with him was the only reason.. was going about 73 in a 55 and passed him.

thats been about it though.

I won't just pull over for an unmarked car especially not in uniform. I've had it happen in the past, I will pull over in an area where I feel safe and a well lit area if at night and have alot of people around, because anyone and I mean anyone can buy red or blue strobe lights and install them in a vehicle and tint their windows, Hell you can even go to a holloween shop and buy a uniform, and as for the badge goes, kids toy store or similar. Truthfuly I've never met an HONEST COP...

Well it turns out it against the law to be riding a motorcycle with no hands?
rock.gif
I said I wasnt aware of it. He let me off with a warning.
yea but do you do the NO HANDED STOP?
i did a poll here, and only one other can than me does!
Neutral .....coast to stop , using rear brake ?
All the time.. Piece of cake and not even scary. Heck I downshift with no hands... Clamping legs onto tank. Full stop; left then right foot down.
this turned into a pretty cool thread
thanks
 No unmarked cars for me.
Hell I don't even stop for marked police around here. Thing is that some time ago a pair of "impersonators" stopped a Norwegian peacekeeper and rolled him, beat him up and left him for dead naked tied to a tree. Interestingly enough, the real police miraculously happened to find him not thirty minutes later. This, even though he was twenty meters off the highway at night behind dense vegetation.
yea but how many of your buds will do it?
hehehe

<!--EDIT|craigntx
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154142513 -->

NO, but i hope he can split the cars because i'm going to ride the white line between the lanes then out of sight. CATCH ME IF YOU CAN !!!!!!!
tounge.gif
wow.gif

Back