Got stopped Sunday for the first time!

How old are you? I wonder if cops see very young people as "punks," and see middle age people in a different way? It could be just bad luck.

All of those tickets minus the last one was me at 18-24. (Last one was last year. I'm 31 now.)

All of those tickets minus the last one was me at 18-24. (Last one was last year. I'm 31 now.)

Well, at 31, you not someone they would see as a young SQUID. Might be the cop attitude where you live. I think it all really comes down to luck.

:whistle:

First time in 10k miles I got stopped. Was riding 2 up with my girl, and I had just finished passing a couple vehicles on a nice stretch of 2 lane highway. Luckly I had slowed down to a brisk 80mph when bam! Sherrif! ???

Anyway, I knew he was pulling a U-turn to come after me so I pulled over. He came up to me and asked me if I knew why he pulled me over. I said "I have a good idea". Did the usual, "do you know how fast you were going?, honesty is the best policy here". I told him 75, he's like.. "close, 77." OUCH :moon: .

Anyway, after checking my inspection, and license he asked me my thoughts about him giving me a warning. :please: "I would greatly appreciate that".

He was cool about it. Said he's been riding for 30 years and how he'd love to be on his bike on a day like today. Said to slow it down, he'd rather not see any more riders go down.

I got lucky! :bowdown: I never get that lucky in a car.

Prbly helped we were both wearing full gear, and he could appreciate that my Hayabusa was only going 22 over the speed limit. :rofl: If he had caught me about a 1/4mile further back it would of been a different story.

:thumbsup:

Good on ya...i got "popped" on my second ride out this year 70 in a 55 by a "fellow rider" deputy sheriff...was nice and pulled over as soon as i knew he was after me...was also 2 up and both fully geared up...we even spoke to each other more like "friends" than a guy who was about to "lay the smack down" on another...wrote me for 70 in a 55 which cost me 2 points AND 150.00 beans...and FYI...i am 44 and was the first time pulled over on a bike since i was 16...OUCH...glad things worked out better for you :beerchug:

65 in a 45 and I'm 45 yrs old, wearing my gear, stopped right away, clean record and things didn't go so well for me that day.??? Consider yourself lucky!

Good on ya...i got "popped" on my second ride out this year 70 in a 55 by a "fellow rider" deputy sheriff...was nice and pulled over as soon as i knew he was after me...was also 2 up and both fully geared up...we even spoke to each other more like "friends" than a guy who was about to "lay the smack down" on another...wrote me for 70 in a 55 which cost me 2 points AND 150.00 beans...and FYI...i am 44 and was the first time pulled over on a bike since i was 16...OUCH...glad things worked out better for you :beerchug:

Will someone explain to me what points on my DL are? I get the idea that they are bad, but how many points mean what? When I was young (talking 60s here), my old man was a cop in Waco, TX. He was actually a lt., so anytime anyone in my family got stopped for anything (and I mean anything), we got a "Don't do it again," and of course they told the old man.

Telling the old man was worse than getting a ticket, which I could pay and forget about. Having the **** beat out of me for sullying his reputation was a lot worse than a ticket. Anyway, I never learned about the "points" system, because I never got any, and I've been lucky ever since.

So someone please explain how many points result in what.

Ok, I will share. I got pulled over 3 times in three weeks.
1 - 130 k in a 80
2-30 over
3-2 km (yes, you read that right...)over,passing a police car.

No tickets each times. BUT, I am an old broad on a busa, fully geared,all papers in order and with a great big smile ! The last one I had my 19 year old daughter on the back,hows that for setting an example ? :whistle:

Always helps when they are a fellow rider.I got pulled over this past weekend in my tahoe for not yeilding to peds or the officer. After running my info he told me to have a nice weekend and comented about the skulls on my vehicle.Said he has them on his bike.Did I mention no seatbelt either.

Back